Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone, this has prob been answered a million times. As we know City & Guilds has ceased to be an approved English language test.

Tests taken before 5th April are still valid up till November. My question is this;

My wife took her test the end of May, but she has only just got her certificate. It is dated 1st June. Is it valid (for the English requirement) or not?

The answer may be obvious, cheers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ta. I'm a bit annoyed as she (and the others taking the test) were under the impression it would be valid. It all boils down to $$$ i guess.

Thanks.

·
Registered
238 Posts
I totally agree with you. My husband took TOIEC for the his spouse application and is just about to take his Esol as the other is no longer valid. But now the Esol isn't valid either. Even his teacher hadn't realised. So now he'll have to pay another £150 to do the new test. But I've told him to wait until early next year as it may well change again before he applies for FLR in May.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
from the C&G website;

'Any certificates issued for International ESOL (IESOL) and Spoken ESOL (ISESOL) examinations held before or on 5 April 2015 can be used for UK visa applications until 5 November 2015. Any IESOL and ISESOL certificates issued for examinations held on or after 6 April 2015 will not be accepted as part of the visa application process. '

The key date is when the exam was held (this is printed on the supporting paper), so it seems valid for now.

Of course further down the line it won't be. I can totally sympathise with everyone who is in this predicament :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.