Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello! Oh my, I have made it to Paris!

We are renting a studio and sleeping on a BZ, which suffice it to say, is not the best sleeping experience I've ever had.

Are you guys aware of added layers for sale for this sad metallic contraption? Does Monop sell this? Anyone?

My back hurts. I have explored if this thing can go into storage while we buy a proper bed frame, and the answer is no because we are renting from a friend, and apparently that would be "rude."

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

Sincerely,
PL

·
Administrator
51,594 Posts
There are a number of futon shops in and around Paris. You may want to just throw a futon over what you've got. Google "futon Paris" and lots of possibilities will present themselves. IKEA can also be a source of inexpensive, cheap mattresses that might serve as an added layer for what you have.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Read Only
18,642 Posts
Hello! Oh my, I have made it to Paris!

We are renting a studio and sleeping on a BZ, which suffice it to say, is not the best sleeping experience I've ever had.

Are you guys aware of added layers for sale for this sad metallic contraption? Does Monop sell this? Anyone?

My back hurts. I have explored if this thing can go into storage while we buy a proper bed frame, and the answer is no because we are renting from a friend, and apparently that would be "rude."

:boxing::boxing::boxing:

Sincerely,
PL
I don't see why it would be an issue to explain to the owners that you are putting it into storage at your own cost so that you can move a bed in - but it would be important to ensure that it is adequately protected, you insure it, and that you pay for it to be moved back in when you eventually move out. You can explain that you have back problems and consequently this BZ is causing you difficulty. If they are really friends, it shouldn't be a proble,.

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
I agree, EH. Put the problem to bed as soon as possible and don't look for blanket solutions.

DejW

I don't see why it would be an issue to explain to the owners that you are putting it into storage at your own cost so that you can move a bed in - but it would be important to ensure that it is adequately protected, you insure it, and that you pay for it to be moved back in when you eventually move out. You can explain that you have back problems and consequently this BZ is causing you difficulty. If they are really friends, it shouldn't be a proble,.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts