Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, paying a reasonable amount for a new car, negotiated a good discount etc.

But then when deal done and signed the question of registration came up and they said the 450aed should be paid by me.

Is this usual?

If not will push back, but if it's normal, fair enough.

Thx

·
Registered
4,052 Posts
so is it from a dealer or an individual?
Either ways, the buyer (you) will need to pay.

if buying from an individual, the process was in one of the threads (hence search).

·
Registered
117 Posts
Dealers sometimes run promos where they cover the initial registration, 1+ yr insurance, and a few years of maintenance. I would judge the price and service package as a whole. Registration is cheap in the UAE, so it wouldn't be a deal breaker in my book.

·
Registered
449 Posts
Usually the buyer pays. The price you negotiate is for the car only (not including the insurance or registration). Unless, of course, this is explicitly agreed upon beforehand.

So, you'll have to pay...

·
Registered
451 Posts
I got my car during DSF 18,000 Dhs less than it's original price. There was free insurance and service included but I paid for the registration.

Offer or not, buying a new car is a always a joyful experience, I wouldn't ruin that for 450 Dhs.

·
Registered
3,359 Posts
I got my car during DSF 18,000 Dhs less than it's original price. There was free insurance and service included but I paid for the registration.

Offer or not, buying a new car is a always a joyful experience, I wouldn't ruin that for 450 Dhs.
You reckon? I'd rather dig the Burma Highway.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I am with the Rascal, I like the idea of buying a new car but out here I just couldn't find a dealer who would/could answer the questions I had!

·
Registered
451 Posts
I didn't mean the process of buying, I meant the pleasure of owning a new car. The purchasing process doesn't last that long anyway.

·
Registered
253 Posts
I agree A.Abbass, I like getting a new car but I dislike the process of buying here, I suspect that was The Rascal's point as well. That said I am not a massive fan of buying new cars in the UK!

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks guys, no problem to pay, just don't trust the dealers, especially here.

They must not get too much commission, because sometimes it feels like they couldn't be bothered to try and sell you a car, no follow up phone calls, don't phone back when they say they will etc.

Second hand even worse..

Anyway happy with my purchase, can't wait to collect!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts