Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody,
We would like to buy a dog kennel business in the USA.Is it possible and which visa catagory would we apply for?.Can we buy it move over there and then apply for a visa?
Thanks
Aly

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hello everybody,
We would like to buy a dog kennel business in the USA.Is it possible and which visa catagory would we apply for?.Can we buy it move over there and then apply for a visa?
Thanks
Aly
E2, possibly EB5, or even L1 if you've got another business. You're spending a lot of money.....use an experienced US immigration attorney to find the best path with you. They all have different requirements and possibilities.

Buying the business, moving over and then applying is pretty well guaranteed to end in tears. Your tears. If you don't respect US immigration, it will turn round and bite you.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
business in USA

E2, possibly EB5, or even L1 if you've got another business. You're spending a lot of money.....use an experienced US immigration attorney to find the best path with you. They all have different requirements and possibilities.

Buying the business, moving over and then applying is pretty well guaranteed to end in tears. Your tears. If you don't respect US immigration, it will turn round and bite you.
Thank you.I did not mean that I would break the law,just do you buy business first or visa first?
Thanks
Aly

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Thank you.I did not mean that I would break the law,just do you buy business first or visa first?
Thanks
Aly
Visa, visa, visa is always first with moving to the US. Until you sort out a route, know that you qualify for it, and know its benefits and pitfalls, it's not time to sign anything, pay for anything or pack your bags.

Find a suitable immigration attorney to take you over the possibilities.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
business in USA

Visa, visa, visa is always first with moving to the US. Until you sort out a route, know that you qualify for it, and know its benefits and pitfalls, it's not time to sign anything, pay for anything or pack your bags.

Find a suitable immigration attorney to take you over the possibilities.
Hi,
We are going to do that in October as we are on hols there for three weeks.Just thought they would not entertain a visa application without you already having a business.
Aly

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Hi,
We are going to do that in October as we are on hols there for three weeks.Just thought they would not entertain a visa application without you already having a business.
Aly
Depends on the visa.

It's not unusual for folks to be sold a business by a broker who tells them it will qualify for a visa, then to find out it doesn't. So, there they are with a business but they don't have permission to live here or work in it. Caveat emptor!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts