Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Antibes, started working in Sophia. Now I'm thinking about buying a scooter, to make myself independent of public transport, which is not so great hear.

Anyway, since my french is very, very bad (but I'm learning it), I have a problems with official things. Like this one, for example - what are the necessary steps to do when you buy a used scooter? I went to a scooter shop, and they told me that they will do all the necessary things except insurance, but for a fee of 75 euros.

But now I'm thinking that it would be better to buy a used one, to see how it goes. But, the problem is this paperwork, which I don't know. I read somewhere that it would be good to pay by check, not cash, that we should like, write on a peace of paper who's selling what (in details), to whom, and then we should both sign it. Is that correct?

I asked people from work, but they don't know, and I still don't know anybody here, so I got nobody else to ask..

Thanks!

·
Registered
3,956 Posts
Hi everyone,

I recently moved to Antibes, started working in Sophia. Now I'm thinking about buying a scooter, to make myself independent of public transport, which is not so great hear.

Anyway, since my french is very, very bad (but I'm learning it), I have a problems with official things. Like this one, for example - what are the necessary steps to do when you buy a used scooter? I went to a scooter shop, and they told me that they will do all the necessary things except insurance, but for a fee of 75 euros.

But now I'm thinking that it would be better to buy a used one, to see how it goes. But, the problem is this paperwork, which I don't know. I read somewhere that it would be good to pay by check, not cash, that we should like, write on a peace of paper who's selling what (in details), to whom, and then we should both sign it. Is that correct?

I asked people from work, but they don't know, and I still don't know anybody here, so I got nobody else to ask..

Thanks!

I bought my used car from a dealer and they did all the paperwork, all I had to do was sign it and give them a cheque. Go to a reputable dealer, like Norauto for example, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Cheers

·
Registered
28 Posts
I bought my used car from a dealer and they did all the paperwork, all I had to do was sign it and give them a cheque. Go to a reputable dealer, like Norauto for example, and you shouldn't have any problems.

Cheers
Where i live you have to obtain some permit to legally ride scooters. The "formation" cost about 150 euros (5-6 hours of training) then off you go.

·
Administrator
49,984 Posts
The Service Public site includes a section on Cyclomoteurs:
Certificat d'immatriculation (ex-carte grise) - Service-public.fr (scroll to the bottom of the page - on the left side) with detailed information about registration requirements.

They have recently changed the laws so that even fairly low-powered scooters now need a registration plate and an appropriate license - or endorsement on a regular driving license.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.