Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi there!
Can any one please offer some advice on cars, I know there is a lot of info regarding this subject but I am still confused.

I may import my S-type 2.5, if I do this I understand that I will be able to use the car for upto 6 months before I am required to register the car. Is this correct?

When I register the car I will pay a registration fee of approximately 2,500euro and providing I do not sell it I will not pay any import duty, is that correct?

The car is 5 years old but only has 40k miles, so seems to be the best cost option after viewing car prcies in Cyprus as a whole. Any views?

If however I buy a car in Paphos, are there any registration fees? if so what will they be?

Thanks in advance for your help.

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
Hi there!
Can any one please offer some advice on cars, I know there is a lot of info regarding this subject but I am still confused.

I may import my S-type 2.5, if I do this I understand that I will be able to use the car for upto 6 months before I am required to register the car. Is this correct?

When I register the car I will pay a registration fee of approximately 2,500euro and providing I do not sell it I will not pay any import duty, is that correct?

The car is 5 years old but only has 40k miles, so seems to be the best cost option after viewing car prcies in Cyprus as a whole. Any views?

If however I buy a car in Paphos, are there any registration fees? if so what will they be?

Thanks in advance for your help.
The person who can give all the info you need on importing your car is Gwenny of Gwennys red tape services.
Things have changed recently so information you are given here by people who have done it may not be relevant now.
Here is the link to her website with cotnact details.

Car imports, Importation Duty, Car Registration, Customs and Excise, Passport Renewals, Driving Licences, Alien Cards, Immigration Permits, Paphos, Pafos, Cyprus

Veronica

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.