Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I am applying for a short stay business visa (subclass 456) from Karachi Pakistan. I have some questions about the documents that need to be submitted along with the application.

Q1. Should I include my original passport in the application packet?

Q2. The embassy website (Visas and migration - Australian High Commission) says: "In most cases documents and passports will be returned to the applicant by courier. Courier charges are applicable on receipt of your documents." Does this mean that I will pay the charge when retrieving the documents from the courier???

Q3. The application checklist says I need to provide instructions for how the documents can be returned to me. Where do I provide these instructions?? I didn't find anything in the application form!!!!

Q4. Evidence of medical/travel insurance. I am in a chicken and egg problem here. The insurance company requires exact dates for issuing the insurance. But I cannot know exact dates if I don't have the visa!!! How do I provide this?

Q5. What kind of documentation can I provide that shows the company is an actively operating business?? Where can I get the photostats attested for this?? A notary public??

Q6. Similarly, I read somewhere I will need to provide my employment contract. Where should I get the photocopy attested?

I will be infinitely obliged to you guys if you can help me in this regard. Many Thanks in advance!!!

·
Registered
3,375 Posts
1. Yes, a visa label will need to be attached, it's the first thing in the Application checklist on the 456 application form.
2. Yes
3. You can provide a small letter with address and instructions on how to return the docs to you.
4. You can get insurance for months in the future and then change the start date by contacting the insurance company. You need overseas visitor cover insurance.
5. Letter from HR on company letterhead, government document (i.e. business registry, tax registry showing info about the company)
6. Not sure, same place you get your birth certificate and other docs attested.

Hi All,

I am applying for a short stay business visa (subclass 456) from Karachi Pakistan. I have some questions about the documents that need to be submitted along with the application.

Q1. Should I include my original passport in the application packet?

Q2. The embassy website (Visas and migration - Australian High Commission) says: "In most cases documents and passports will be returned to the applicant by courier. Courier charges are applicable on receipt of your documents." Does this mean that I will pay the charge when retrieving the documents from the courier???

Q3. The application checklist says I need to provide instructions for how the documents can be returned to me. Where do I provide these instructions?? I didn't find anything in the application form!!!!

Q4. Evidence of medical/travel insurance. I am in a chicken and egg problem here. The insurance company requires exact dates for issuing the insurance. But I cannot know exact dates if I don't have the visa!!! How do I provide this?

Q5. What kind of documentation can I provide that shows the company is an actively operating business?? Where can I get the photostats attested for this?? A notary public??

Q6. Similarly, I read somewhere I will need to provide my employment contract. Where should I get the photocopy attested?

I will be infinitely obliged to you guys if you can help me in this regard. Many Thanks in advance!!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts