Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi

Does anyone let me know how much does it costs to open a Cafe in Sydney ? I am planning to for Starbucks franchise ....

Thanks

·
Registered
460 Posts
Not sure of the cost but Starbucks? You obviously have not done any research! Starbucks closed 80% of their stores in Australia a couple of years ago and have opened no new ones since. That type of coffee does not go down well in Australia and they have all but pulled out (airports and a couple of other places in massive tourist regions ar the only places you will find them now)

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
Hi

Does anyone let me know how much does it costs to open a Cafe in Sydney ? I am planning to for Starbucks franchise ....

Thanks
Depends on the location. Dont think it will be anywhere below 500k. Thats the least you should have to open any franchise in sydney. In melbourne it starts from 350k.

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
Starbucks doesn't franchise their locations. Besides, as someone else stated, they've closed most of their stores here since they were hugely unpopular. I've only seen a couple of them in capital cities. There was already a huge network of independent cafes before Starbucks came along and they serve a superior product to anything that Starbucks could offer. There is a coffee chain here called Gloria Jean's which is franchised but they're pretty terrible.

Buying an independent cafe would be cheaper than a franchise and, depending on the location, has the potential to be more successful but is also a lot more work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts