Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all,

I am moving to Dubai in August and was thinking about soon after taking a weekend break to the "relative" cool of Al Ain :) That and I just really miss it! I am sure when Dubai gets a bit much I can escape to the country :)
I know there used to be a bus service but I can t think for the life of me where the bus station was in Dubai. I d be able to find it no problem in al ain. Sometimes we would get a taxi to Dubai but that would set us back around 100 AED and the bus was a lot cheaper.

Any one know where to get the bus?

Thanks

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
The bus station is in Bur Dubai, and is officially called Ghubaiba bus station .

I am not sure Al Ain can be considered relativley cooler in August, as when its 42C in Dubai, it will likely be 46-47 in Al Ain as Alain is well inland

The evenings are less humid though in Al Ain.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The bus station is in Bur Dubai, and is officially called Ghubaiba bus station .

I am not sure Al Ain can be considered relativley cooler in August, as when its 42C in Dubai, it will likely be 46-47 in Al Ain as Alain is well inland

The evenings are less humid though in Al Ain.
Thanks. I found Al Ain sooooo much easier to cope with than Dubai. Yes it is the humidity. Al Ain was like being in a dry oven as oposed to Dubai being like a sauna. I prefered it! :)

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I go to Al AIn for Karting and Surfing and my favourite view is Al Ain in my rear view mirror! The place must be sign posted for people with a vivid imagination and has anybody even the slightest idea how many roundabouts there ar there??

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Lots. Means you dont have to go an extra 2 or 3 or even 5 km, to take a left, only an extra km or less most the time ;)

·
Banned
423 Posts
I go to Al AIn for Karting and Surfing and my favourite view is Al Ain in my rear view mirror! The place must be sign posted for people with a vivid imagination and has anybody even the slightest idea how many roundabouts there ar there??
Surfing? Where do you go surfing in Al Ain?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I LOVE the place! The souk, the beauty salons, the shisha cafes, Jabeel Hafeet, the hotels. I also love the fact its so local and differnt.I was always kept amused when I lived there but then again sunbathing, salons and shisha were my hobbies combined with the odd weekend in Dubai or Dubai.

Dubai is going to be a big culture shock from Al Ain but at least I ll be able to return there when Dubai gets a bit much and i need a bit of peace and quiet. I will at least have sunbathing, shisha and salons in Dubai as well :) I was actually relieved when I heard Mirdif where I will be living was a good bit away from the centre of Dubai and residential. I need to be eased into Dubai life! :)

PS I LOVE the roundabouts by the way as I never drove there! It was always nice to see the pretty decorations on them!

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
There is a purpose built surf centre built at the foot of the Jebel hafeet mountain, they also have a canoe run and a white water rafting run. google wadi adventure Al Ain. It`s not the cheapest place, 100dhs to get in and then 100 for an hours surfing but its a sureal experience having a big wave in the middle of nowhere.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.