Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As I've only visted the Algarve and my other half is hell bent on moving to the middle of nowhere in PT does anyone know if there are any shops in Gois that sell **** trackies and Burberry accessories please?

I always buy 3 new trackies each season but they have to be **** or Adidas and I love the odd burberry handbag or purse, what girl doesn't? :p

I am getting anxious about the possibility of us selling up and moving to the back and beyond, please someone give me some hope :(

Him indoors is surfing for ruins!!!! :eek: Why on earth would he want to sell a house with 4 walls and a roof for something with half a wall :(

·
Banned
905 Posts

Hi Again Natas

There are so many properties for sale why not look to rent somewhere before you decide to sell up in the UK. I have sent a PM so you know what you can get for your money. It's all about what you need not how much you want to pay. The house i have paid my deposit for is a 2 bedroom cottage with a loft to convert into a master bedroom. A cellar to convert to a brew house and store room.

Keep your Uk house find somewhere to stay/ rent in the back of beyond Ha Ha. Visit as often as you can it's important to feel comfortable about where you may end up staying. Take your time and do not let your OH push you, you as well need to feel comfortable about Gois or anywhere else.

Can't help with trackies and Burberry stuff you may have noticed they are not a man thing. I will when i next call my friends in Gois and ask for you.

Tell him indoors a ruin means lots of money to fix and may not end up worth what has been paid to convert it to being able to live in.

Good luck

Peterfc 666?

·
Banned
573 Posts
:)

Very good advice from Peter. That ruin could be the ruination of you, seriously. You could probably buy a new place for the money that it can take to restore a ruin. I can't see the point in doing that myself.

;)

·
Registered
40 Posts
As I've only visted the Algarve and my other half is hell bent on moving to the middle of nowhere in PT does anyone know if there are any shops in Gois that sell **** trackies and Burberry accessories please?

I always buy 3 new trackies each season but they have to be **** or Adidas and I love the odd burberry handbag or purse, what girl doesn't? :p

I am getting anxious about the possibility of us selling up and moving to the back and beyond, please someone give me some hope :(

Him indoors is surfing for ruins!!!! :eek: Why on earth would he want to sell a house with 4 walls and a roof for something with half a wall :(

Hmmmmm,

You are going to Gois to live under a bridge and eat goats and the occasional unwary traveller!!!

I claim my 5 pounds.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Peter thank you for the time you have taken to reply to my concerns and also for the Pm's. I am going to print them off and show him indoors what you have suggested.

bloaky and blueskies what does fishing and goats have to do with it?

·
Registered
40 Posts
Peter thank you for the time you have taken to reply to my concerns and also for the Pm's. I am going to print them off and show him indoors what you have suggested.

bloaky and blueskies what does fishing and goats have to do with it?
I was wondering whether you were attempting to "yank" someones chain, as your Burberry request seemed to me to be an effective device for pulling the anti-Chav from his lair.

:spit:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I was wondering whether you were attempting to "yank" someones chain, as your Burberry request seemed to me to be an effective device for pulling the anti-Chav from his lair.

:spit:
I didn't realise that burberry bags were classed as chav :( and I didn't know there is an anti-chav member on here, I don't class myself a chav, just an Essex diva really who is scared witless of being dragged to Gois, but Peter Fc is starting to put my mind at ease :D:p

·
Registered
40 Posts
I didn't realise that burberry bags were classed as chav :( and I didn't know there is an anti-chav member on here, I don't class myself a chav, just an Essex diva really who is scared witless of being dragged to Gois, but Peter Fc is starting to put my mind at ease :D:p
I spent a lot of my early life in Wimbledon (I still have houses there), I then went on a world tour and eventually settled hereabouts. Here is far better than the UK in my honest opinion, over here I do not get stroppy about what my tax is being spent on or why my doctor needs a translation of every document in every possible language. I have never been on the dole in the UK but my accountant assures me that after paying in for 25 years I am entitled to nothing, I asked him once in jest.

Soooo, screw the lot of them, I will pay (I am paying) Portuguese tax and enjoy the benefits, when I go to the town hall I do not look for translations but do it myself,I have no intention of being on dole as they can keep what I paid them and shove it up their posteriors.

·
Banned
573 Posts

What ave goats and fishin got to do with it ? Ooh aargh, ooh aargh.
You will finds out me deary. lol I knows folk in them there parts (Gois) who would eat the arse off a baby, through the rungs of a cot.

:D

·
Registered
40 Posts

What ave goats and fishin got to do with it ? Ooh aargh, ooh aargh.
You will finds out me deary. lol I knows folk in them there parts (Gois) who would eat the arse off a baby, through the rungs of a cot.

I was referring to a troll, tradiotnally on the Internet it is one who attempts to wind people up and produce a response. A bit like a troll hiding under a bridge in fairy stories of days of yore.

·
Registered
40 Posts

I know what you mean and she does seem to be trying to get a reaction. lol I see that your irish. So am I.

Go raibh maith agat,

I am Donegal but I have got this terrible English accent innit! I need to be kept away from the fire as Plastic Paddies like me are prone to melting.

Currently chilling in Caldas although I go to the UK once a week and Abu Dhabi every couple of weeks.

Tis a hard loife so it is.

·
Banned
573 Posts

I'm from Dublin myself. Have you heard the "plastic paddy" song that was written by a guy named Eric Bogle ? The first verse goes : He's just a plastic paddy singin plastic paddy songs, in a plastic paddy pub that they call The Blarney stone. There's plastic shamrocks everywhere, there's guinness and green beer. And a sign in gaelic above the bar which says "God bless all here !

I have bought a house close to San Martinho do Porto. My wifes brother is staying with us for a while. He too has business interests in the U.A.E. and is just chilling here until another work project comes in.

:eyebrows:

·
Registered
40 Posts

I'm from Dublin myself. Have you heard the "plastic paddy" song that was written by a guy named Eric Bogle ? The first verse goes : He's just a plastic paddy singin plastic paddy songs, in a plastic paddy pub that they call The Blarney stone. There's plastic shamrocks everywhere, there's guinness and green beer. And a sign in gaelic above the bar which says "God bless all here !

I have bought a house close to San Martinho do Porto. My wifes brother is staying with us for a while. He too has business interests in the U.A.E. and is just chilling here until another work project comes in.

:eyebrows:
My Gawd a Jackeen!!! Did you here about the Jackeen whose inferiority complex was bigger and better than everyone elses?

We can be a bit serious in our Irishness, I even joined the French Army cos Wolfe Tone was in it, at the time the Irish army had stopped recruiting for a few years so that was out.

I have 10 years work in Abu Dhabi, I do advanced computing, network security. I also have a very lucrative hobby which takes me to the UK a lot, it is mainly based around military comms equipment. I am fulfilling the 90 day rule nowadays and paying UAE tax ;)

Your brother's right to lurk hereabouts, it is sunny, cheap and it reminds me of Ireland in the 60s and 70s.

How about a pint in Joyce's one night, it used to be Irish put is now more Iruguese, or perhaps we can meet up for the Angelus or stations of the cross.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

I know what you mean and she does seem to be trying to get a reaction. lol I see that your irish. So am I.

:eek: Who's trying to get a reaction????????????? If I wanted a reaction I would of waltzed in here and said a lot worse, trust me on that! :mad:

How rude????????????? someone new asks for legit advice and the clique de clique jump to conclusions about someone they know **** all about after two threads!

Get a life, take your blueskies and shove it up brown street!

·
Registered
40 Posts
:eek: Who's trying to get a reaction????????????? If I wanted a reaction I would of waltzed in here and said a lot worse, trust me on that! :mad:

How rude????????????? someone new asks for legit advice and the clique de clique jump to conclusions about someone they know **** all about after two threads!

Get a life, take your blueskies and shove it up brown street!
g

Chill out dude,

You came along with impeccable Esex credentials and seemed to be a stereotype, that being so, I (not him) thought you might be trolling for a reaction.

Now that we know you genuinely dance around your handbag and call people babe, we know where we stand. Such is the way of things, we are all unique linguistically, culturally, experientally etc.

In the event we ever meet, I will buy you a pernod innit, I will also show you my Rolex and bullet / stab wounds to make you feel at home (not joking).

How about that?

p.s.

Burberry do nice waterproof jackets and wellies.

p.p.s

there is no clique, just ask the Cabal and they will tell you.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts