Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi my fiance has just arrived in the UK after approval for a fiance visa. She and I marry in October. Should she be expecting to need to get her BRP now or after we marry and apply for the next VISA? We ask as it is not clear to us and she received no letter to nominate a post office for the collection etc

Any advice thankfully received

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
She will receive a BRP upon the successful application of the next visa (i.e. the FLR(M) that you will complete after you are married)... BRP are for visas that are >6 months in duration - the Fiancé(e) visa is exactly 6 months validity, ergo no BRP is issued.

Good luck and congratulations to you both on your upcoming wedding! :)

·
Registered
19 Posts
She will receive a BRP upon the successful application of the next visa (i.e. the FLR(M) that you will complete after you are married)... BRP are for visas that are >6 months in duration - the Fiancé(e) visa is exactly 6 months validity, ergo no BRP is issued.

Good luck and congratulations to you both on your upcoming wedding! :)
think i have a similar question...

http://www.expatforum.com/expats/br...r-passport-change-honeymoon-travel-query.html

does this mean that we pretty much cant go on holiday after wedding until we receive the spousal visa / BRP?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.