Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
128 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello again good people of Expat forum. I come seeking your advice again as nothing is ever simple or straightforward with this visa malarkey!

So me and my wife are looking to go on holiday but her BRP and passport are in her maiden name so we thought to make things easier at check-in/immigration we would get them both put in her married name.

We have now received her passport in her married name and the next step is the name change on the BRP which I believe is form BRP RC.

1. The form states "You must provide the documents specified below which are relevant to your application. If youdo not, we....". It goes on to state... Provide proof of your identity by supplying any number of the documents identified below which confirm your name and address... My question is, do we need to provide bills/letters showing our current address? All we want to do is change name, not address. If we do need to provide these, unfortunately are all still in her maiden name. Is that going to be an issue?

2. I have seen that 2farapart's application sadly took 4 months, does anyone know if this was an exception or is this the expected timeline.

3. My wife entered on a fiancé visa, we got married and she is now on FLR(M). We got married in March, which is over the 3 month timeline as per this statement :

If you change any personal details listed above or any details shown on your biometric residence permit, you must apply for a new permit within 3 months using application form BRP(RC). If you do not do this, you may have to pay a financial penalty of up to £1,000 or we may curtail (shorten) your permission to stay
Are we going to be fined? When we applied for FLR(M) the UKBA obviously know of her name change due to the marriage, that is what this particular visa is for and the visa was applied for under her married name, but because her passport was still in her maiden name the issued the BRP in her maiden name. Again, can we expect a fine?

Thanks guys.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.