Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I received my BRP letter today so I went to the Post Office to enroll my details which I have done already.

I checked that my name, DOB and nationality were OK, but later realised there might be a poblem. When I was waiting to pay I noticed that for some reason it mentions my country twice (Mexico). Then I realised that it probably isn't that the country is mentioned twice and that they are probably stating my city of birth, the state and the country.

If that is the case, then those details are wrong, because both my city and the state are called the same. The fact that it says Mexico twice could mean that they put Mexico both as state and as country which would be an error as there actually is a state called Mexico.

If I am correct in assuming that it's city, state and country, then what it says on the letter is (I write x because I don't want to share the exact detail here):

X - Mexico - Mexico

What it should say is:

X - X - Mexico

Do you think it's an error which would have required me to have notified UKVI before enrolling the details? I wish I had spotted it sooner but I just paid attention to the details they stated on the letter. Should I still contact UKVI? Do you think they will ask me to pay again and will it be the same amount? I says on the letter that the application shouldn't be delayed so I hope that is true.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi,

I received my BRP letter today so I went to the Post Office to enroll my details which I have done already.

I checked that my name, DOB and nationality were OK, but later realised there might be a poblem. When I was waiting to pay I noticed that for some reason it mentions my country twice (Mexico). Then I realised that it probably isn't that the country is mentioned twice and that they are probably stating my city of birth, the state and the country.

If that is the case, then those details are wrong, because both my city and the state are called the same. The fact that it says Mexico twice could mean that they put Mexico both as state and as country which would be an error as there actually is a state called Mexico.

If I am correct in assuming that it's city, state and country, then what it says on the letter is (I write x because I don't want to share the exact detail here):

X - Mexico - Mexico

What it should say is:

X - X - Mexico

Do you think it's an error which would have required me to have notified UKVI before enrolling the details? I wish I had spotted it sooner but I just paid attention to the details they stated on the letter. Should I still contact UKVI? Do you think they will ask me to pay again and will it be the same amount? I says on the letter that the application shouldn't be delayed so I hope that is true.
HiI have just had a quick look at my letter requesting my bio metrics.

they have my details as follows
full name
town i was born
state
country

In my application and on my passport, the state / or province as we call it, is not indicated so therefore they names the state / province the same as the country.

Don't know if this helps.................... all the questions and reference reading can scramble a persons thought process sometime. Hope you came right and all is well.

Ciao

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
HiI have just had a quick look at my letter requesting my bio metrics.

they have my details as follows
full name
town i was born
state
country

In my application and on my passport, the state / or province as we call it, is not indicated so therefore they names the state / province the same as the country.

Don't know if this helps.................... all the questions and reference reading can scramble a persons thought process sometime. Hope you came right and all is well.

Ciao
Thanks for letting me know :). I didn't contact them in the end because I checked my application and realised I never wrote the State at all, just city and country. So I assumed that they had written my countrys's name twice for some reason and thought if this was a mistake then it was their mistake not mine, so their problem not mine :p. So now I'm just anxiously waiting to find out the decision although probably will be waiting for another three weeks as it's still too soon ;). Good luck with your application!

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Sorry woodleaves, I only just saw your thread saying your visa expired. I didn't know this when I wrote my reply and said good luck with your application. Sorry again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.