Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

I'm entering the UK to activate my spousal visa for the first time this Tuesday, 25 July before my vignette expires.

As I didn't receive a letter with my visa acceptance, just the vignette, I'm wondering what the best location to pick-up my BRP would be? Originally I selected a location in Carlisle, as that's where my wife's family lives.

That said, I'm flying into Manchester from Ireland, and hoping to get out to see some flats in Leeds, as we are looking to re-locate to the area.

Long story short, do I need to pick-up the BRP from the location originally indicated in my application, or am I able to pick it up from any Post Office branch that offers this service?

I'd rather avoid the two-hour train ride north simply to collect it, but obviously am more than willing to if that's what's required, as I'm just flying over for two days to collect the BRP then flying back to Ireland to finish packing and moving.

As well, I haven't had a chance to post since my visa was accepted in late June and just wanted to extend my sincere thanks and gratitude to everyone on the forum, particularly the moderators. Thank you for helping make a difficult process as smooth as possible, and I hope to be able to provide some feedback to the community myself once I get settled.

Thanks as always :)

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You must have the accompanying letter in order to collect your BRP. Look through the package. If it's not there, contact UKVI. There can email another copy. See https://www.gov.uk/biometric-residence-permits/collect
You must pick it up from post office that is shown, as your passport will only be sent there. If you want to choose a different location, you must make a special request for it at the branch of your choice that handles BRP collection, and pay a fee. There may be delay.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting - as originally, I had paid to keep my passport as I'm Canadian living in Ireland.

When the decision was made, I was asked to submit my passport to TLScontact in Dublin and was emailed two days later noting it was ready for collection.

When I collected in Dublin, the only thing I received was my passport, with the 30-day vignette inside, no additional letter or communication. I suppose I'd be best to contact UKVI tomorrow and see if they can email me a copy as I received no additional communication?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.