Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

I have a Tier 5 YMS visa that expires in February, 2018.

I've moved addresses like 4 times while in the UK (I'm outside of the country atm), but I never updated any address because the BRP doesn't have an address printed on it, and nothing major about me has changed (no name change, no facial appearance change, etc).

I'm flying back to the UK in 9 days and I'm really freaking out about being denied entry for some reason, for doing something wrong even though I haven't done anything LOL. I'm over analysing everything, I guess I just need some reassurance.

Will the fact that I didn't report the address change since I got my BRP get me in trouble? I didn't know that it was even an option to do, I didn't know that UKVI even requested that kind of information since I'll be writing my address on the landing card I fill out.

Thanks for any and all help!

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You are probably ok, but make sure you notify the latest change of address as soon as you arrive back. It's a simple, online procedure. They insist on it so that you can be contacted when needed.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Joppa, thank you!

I read that you only need to update the address if you live somewhere longer than six months? I've never lived in one property longer than that LOL, I've been moving around all over the place.

I will for sure do so when I get back - can they see what address I have registered with my BRP at the border? Because honestly I don't remember what address I put.. it was a while ago.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I suppose they can if they dig around a bit, but honestly I can't see them bothering.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Okay thank you!

In your personal opinion, do you think this is something that will come up?
I've heard that the YMS is a pretty flexible visa so they don't appear to be as strict?

But I'm not sure.. I've heard the UK is super strict with everything..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.