Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

My wife and I hold Indian passports.

My wife joined her Msc course in London in Sep 2014 and is due to complete the course this Sep. She was on a dependant visa but I as I am changing jobs in a couple of weeks and as a result moving out of the country, she travelled to India and applied to switch to a tier 4 general student visa in Jun 2015 to enable her complete her course.

She has today received the passport back. Our understanding was that the passport would only contain a vignette to enable her travel within 30 days and once here she would need to collect the BRP card from the post office specified in the online application. But,we see that the passport has been stamped with an entry clearance that is valid from 30/06/2015 to 22/09/2015. Also, there was no decision letter that was received along with the passport. My questions are

1) will she be receiving a BRP card once she is here? Or does the entry clearnace stamped on passport act as her visa?

2) if she is due to receive her BRP card once she is here, will it have validity beyond 22/09/2015 that is specified on the entry clearance currently ?

Thanks for your time.

·
Registered
39,105 Posts
She won't get or need BRP as her visa is only for 3 months. So her visa is in her passport and that is all she needs.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.