Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

This will be our second attempt to go to Melbourne. Last time on a 457 was a disaster, apart from not researching enough and doing our sums, the agency my wife was going to work for was conning her out of $15000 per year X 4 years. Anyway on to the question my wife is a filipino by birth (British Citizen) staff nurse, and still has her brother's and sister in the Philippines. We was going to try here in the UK but with us trying to move to Australia it seemed silly. We have to send money over every month so they can survive and that make's them dependant on us I think. So what are the chances of them getting on our visa.

Thanks again

Peter & Marissa

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome to the forum.

Here's the DIAC's definition of a 'dependent'.

A person who is wholly or substantially reliant on another person for financial support to meet their basic needs for food, shelter and clothing; or wholly or substantially reliant on their family member for financial support due to being incapacitated for work because of the total or partial loss of bodily or mental functions.

Do your wife's brother and sister work at all? Do they have any other income?

Dolly

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks for the quick reply. We have to pay for everything from food to clothing and the bills. We always wish we could do more but we can't afford it.

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
they can work if they have a valid work permit. (if they come as dependent with you, they can work)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts