Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a decent broadband provider for my house on the Muchavista Playa, near El Campello..... can anyone help ?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
oh no....no Ono...

thanks for your reply..... I tried Ono but they don't cover that area.... then tried Telefonica, who said because we are beside the beach they could only guarantee 1Mb !.... If they're saying that as the landline provider will any other broadband provider be able to improve on it ?
thanks for your help... it's appreciated.

·
Registered
6,024 Posts
thanks for your reply..... I tried Ono but they don't cover that area.... then tried Telefonica, who said because we are beside the beach they could only guarantee 1Mb !.... If they're saying that as the landline provider will any other broadband provider be able to improve on it ?
thanks for your help... it's appreciated.

If Telefonica (Movistar) can only provide 1Mb then no-one else will be able to improve on that using fixed-line ADSL.

Have you tried WiMax companies (Google it for your area)?

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Wi-max is the way to go and is a million times better than satellite but looking at the map El Campello is right on the edge of coverage, Muchavista though looks like it might be covered though.
Only way to find out would be to ask I guess.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm looking for a decent broadband provider for my house on the Muchavista Playa, near El Campello..... can anyone help ?
Hi Mojitojoe
I hope to be spending the winter months in El Campello from around February next year. Have you been successful in your quest for broadband or wifi?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts