Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

Totally new to this so not a clue what I'm doing ! Anyway, we are looking to buy a holiday home in Brittany this Summer/Autumn. We want somewhere in the country but not too far from a village or town. Absolutely any help with anything with regards to our move would be very welcome. Our French isn't too bad ! Many thanks.

·
Administrator
50,429 Posts
First of all, define "not too far." Are you hoping to be within walking or biking distance? Or just a short (10 to 15 minute) jaunt in the car?
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
1,436 Posts
Brittany is diverse place.I think you need to think what you want and where.Finistère can be rugged but with stunning coasts and the wild intersting Monts D'Arée and then you have the cotes d'amor which is a bit more gentle and then in the south you have Morbihan which is probably the warmest and the most sophisticated so you need to decide what you want to get out of your holiday home.Quiet seclusion or easy access to restaurants and town hustle and bustle and do you want to rent it out? Two tips-there are loads of houses on the market so take your time and never ffer the asking price and just because you can afford a house with a huge garden over here remember it has got to be maintained so think aout the utside space.Bonne Chance

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi, thank you for your reply. Our internet has been down so late reply ! A mile or two is preferred, out of town. We want to buy in the Chatneuf to Hulgoat area if possible. Start with a holiday home and then maybe move in further down the line. I have been looking into the B&B rules etc for setting up a small business. Literally any information is useful ! Thanks again.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thank you for the info. We like the Chatneuf du Faou area right up to Hulgoat. Eveywhere around there is very nice. Over in September to explore.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts