Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
British Consulate and Department of Work and Pensions/Department of Health to visit San Fulgencio, Alicante

The British Consulate is holding an open event for British residents in San Fulgencio on Monday 30th November, presenting advice services on some of the issues that matter most to residents.

The Pension, Benefit and Healthcare Team will provide essential information on UK entitlements in Spain and the services that their team can offer.

The British Vice-Consul will open the session and explain the role of the Consulate, and the services it offers.

Event details:

Monday 30th November – 11am (Doors open at 10am)

Teatro Cardenal Belluga
C/. De Rojales, San Fulgencio
Alicante

To book a place, please visit The British Embassy in Spain and click on the “Open Days” link from the bottom of the home page. If you experience any problems booking or do not have Internet access, call 917146443.

·
Registered
348 Posts
British Consulate and Department of Work and Pensions/Department of Health to visit San Fulgencio, Alicante

The British Consulate is holding an open event for British residents in San Fulgencio on Monday 30th November, presenting advice services on some of the issues that matter most to residents.

The Pension, Benefit and Healthcare Team will provide essential information on UK entitlements in Spain and the services that their team can offer.

The British Vice-Consul will open the session and explain the role of the Consulate, and the services it offers.

Event details:

Monday 30th November – 11am (Doors open at 10am)

Teatro Cardenal Belluga
C/. De Rojales, San Fulgencio
Alicante

To book a place, please visit The British Embassy in Spain and click on the “Open Days” link from the bottom of the home page. If you experience any problems booking or do not have Internet access, call 917146443.
Isn't this an advert ?

·
Registered
348 Posts
DWPspain is our friendly, resident expert - well I say resident, he sticks his nose in the forum every now and again. But he is the expert and actually a really nice chap!!

Jo xxx
I'm sure he is Jo, just asking a simple question....:)

·
Registered
43 Posts
I would go to one of these if it was close-ish to me on the Costa del Sol. Looking at the website there is one on Wednesday in Torrox which is a bit out of range but I would appreciate notifications about upcoming Open Days.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I would go to one of these if it was close-ish to me on the Costa del Sol. Looking at the website there is one on Wednesday in Torrox which is a bit out of range but I would appreciate notifications about upcoming Open Days.
Ah you see, if you'd have joined the forum sooner or paid attention LOL (sorry, I'm in nag mode this morning!!) you'd have seen they had one in Torremolinos earlier this year and further along near Estapona - in fact they have them all over the heavily populated expat areas during the course of a year!!!!!
Maybe DWP should put a "year planner" on here that we could make a "sticky" or summat???????

Jo xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
Ah you see, if you'd have joined the forum sooner or paid attention LOL (sorry, I'm in nag mode this morning!!) you'd have seen they had one in Torremolinos earlier this year and further along near Estapona - in fact they have them all over the heavily populated expat areas during the course of a year!!!!!
Maybe DWP should put a "year planner" on here that we could make a "sticky" or summat???????

Jo xxx
But not if you live in Catalunya...Galicia...etc..:mad:

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
But not if you live in Catalunya...Galicia...etc..:mad:
I guess those arent "known" highly populated British expat areas tho. Of course there's always their website which even I can understand:eek: and have found really useful. I'll bet theres a phone number and e-mail address too

Jo xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
I guess those arent "known" highly populated British expat areas tho.

And we thank god for that...who the hell would want to live in "Costa UK "?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I guess those arent "known" highly populated British expat areas tho.

And we thank god for that...who the hell would want to live in "Costa UK "?
I wouldnt altho I'm not far away from it. but "horses for courses" and a lot of folk want it like that, a little bit of Britain in the sun - and why not. They all congregate and moan about the other Brits LOL!! ........ do I dare say it ....... a bit like we do on here!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
I wouldnt altho I'm not far away from it. but "horses for courses" and a lot of folk want it like that, a little bit of Britain in the sun - and why not. They all congregate and moan about the other Brits LOL!! ........ do I dare say it ....... a bit like we do on here!!

Jo xxx
I suppose you're right Jo...but I find it quite strange. There are people we know who still refer to the UK as "home". Have they really emigrated, or are they on holiday ?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I suppose you're right Jo...but I find it quite strange. There are people we know who still refer to the UK as "home". Have they really emigrated, or are they on holiday ?
There are alot of retired folk who come over here simply for the climate. They have no wish to intergrate or be part of the Spanish life, they like the cameradary and friendship they find with the other retirees, they like the "Britishness, quiz nights, bingo, sunday roasts, yorkshire puds, full english breakfasts..... Thats not what I want from living in Spain but if they're not taking anything from the Spanish and they're not causing anyone else any bother, then fine I guess!!

I've got friends who live in France and have done for 8 years now, they retired out there and have totally and completely intergrated into their village - she's even on the commitee of their local tennis club (whooopie!!). Every now and again they like a bit of Britishness cos they miss it. Where do they go?????? They come to stay with us IN SPAIN and go down to Benamadena everyday LOL They love it down there!!

Jo xxx

·
Registered
348 Posts
There are alot of retired folk who come over here simply for the climate. They have no wish to intergrate or be part of the Spanish life, they like the cameradary and friendship they find with the other retirees, they like the "Britishness, quiz nights, bingo, sunday roasts, yorkshire puds, full english breakfasts..... Thats not what I want from living in Spain but if they're not taking anything from the Spanish and they're not causing anyone else any bother, then fine I guess!!

I've got friends who live in France and have done for 8 years now, they retired out there and have totally and completely intergrated into their village - she's even on the commitee of their local tennis club (whooopie!!). Every now and again they like a bit of Britishness cos they miss it. Where do they go?????? They come to stay with us IN SPAIN and go down to Benamadena everyday LOL They love it down there!!

Jo xxx
OK..consider my wrist well and truly slapped.;)

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.