Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

Could anyone clarify please, I can't find something similar on the forum:

- before selecting 'Apply' for British Citizenship, it says I have to have 2 referees. Do I have to have completed referee forms ready at this stage or do I need to have contact details of two referees in mind?

- can one of the referees be the person over 25 years old who became British Citizen herself couple of years ago and who is not professional. Well she is working as Payroll Administrator but this Occupation is not on the list.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hello,

Could anyone clarify please, I can't find something similar on the forum:

- before selecting 'Apply' for British Citizenship, it says I have to have 2 referees. Do I have to have completed referee forms ready at this stage or do I need to have contact details of two referees in mind?

- can one of the referees be the person over 25 years old who became British Citizen herself couple of years ago and who is not professional. Well she is working as Payroll Administrator but this Occupation is not on the list.
1) You need to fill in the details of both referees as you start filling the referee section of the online form. You need their full names, gender, date of birth, address, phone number, email address. profession, passport number etc

2) One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing and the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25 and both must have known the person applying for citizenship for 3 years or more.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1) You need to fill in the details of both referees as you start filling the referee section of the online form. You need their full names, gender, date of birth, address, phone number, email address. profession, passport number etc

2) One referee should be a person of any nationality who has professional standing and the second referee must normally be the holder of a British citizen passport and either a professional person or over the age of 25 and both must have known the person applying for citizenship for 3 years or more.
Oh thank you so much for your detailed reply. I didn't realize how much information I need to gather about the referees.

·
Registered
566 Posts
Oh thank you so much for your detailed reply. I didn't realize how much information I need to gather about the referees.
You are welcome and yes these are all details which they ask about both referee and how does the referee know the applicant i.e friend, workmate etc and when you apply for a passport then only need one referee with professional standing but they send him email directly to verify online that they know you

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That's perfect. Thank you so much for sharing this document with me. You are absolute superstar!!!

·
Registered
505 Posts
Hi all,

The question where it asks how do you know the referee? What did you say, we can't say a famiy friend?

Thank you,

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
566 Posts
Hi all,

The question where it asks how do you know the referee? What did you say, we can't say a famiy friend?

Thank you,

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk
The referee cannot be your relative but they can be your friends, workmates etc otherwise how they will know you personally

1 - 8 of 8 Posts