Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

can someone help please? I am so stressed with this application 😩

I am currently a process of applying for citizenship online however before I submit it there’s a tick box for supporting documents etc and one of them is
‘If you spent some of that time in the UK as a student or a self-sufficient person, and had comprehensive sickness insurance (CSI), a copy of your sickness insurance policy’
I didn’t tick this box as I wasn’t student or have been long therm off sick etc but it will not let me to continue and in the next step it says ‘tick all the boxes to agree that you will provide these documents’ 🙈 help please! Is it just generic tick box and everybody has to tick it?
Many thanks

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
No it's not generic, it's an actual requirement if you are an EU national and got Permanent Residence under EEA free movement rules. CSI was removed as a barrier to getting Permanent Residence (Settled Status/Indefinite Leave to Remain) under the EU Settlement Scheme, but it's still a requirement to naturalise as British.

Free Movement probably explains it best, I would suggest you read the following before moving forward:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No it's not generic, it's an actual requirement if you are an EU national and got Permanent Residence under EEA free movement rules. CSI was removed as a barrier to getting Permanent Residence (Settled Status/Indefinite Leave to Remain) under the EU Settlement Scheme, but it's still a requirement to naturalise as British.

Free Movement probably explains it best, I would suggest you read the following before moving forward:
Hi,

thanks for your reply.
Is CSI not something what EEA nationals need to have only if they are in UK as students, self-sufficient etc? I have been working full time all the time since I came to UK..

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,352 Posts
Hi,

thanks for your reply.
Is CSI not something what EEA nationals need to have only if they are in UK as students, self-sufficient etc? I have been working full time all the time since I came to UK..

Thanks!

Yes correct. I read the requirement in the naturalisation application as meaning IF you had to have CSI for your residency in the UK (ie you were a student or self sufficient) you agree to provide the necessary documents showing you had taken out Comprehensive Sickeness Insurance.

·
Registered
5,528 Posts
You can tick the box because you don't have to meet that requirement. I misunderstood, sorry

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yes correct. I read the requirement in the naturalisation application as meaning IF you had to have CSI for your residency in the UK (ie you were a student or self sufficient) you agree to provide the necessary documents showing you had taken out Comprehensive Sickeness Insurance.
thanks! Glad I understood it same
However when I tried to submit my application I had a message
‘Tick all the boxes that you will provide these documents’ and my unticked box was regarding CSI hence my question if this box is generic question 😐

1 - 6 of 6 Posts