Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. I just want to clarify things about the English Language Requirement. I already have my ILR since 2015 and now applying to become a citizen.I am married to a British citizen. I already took IELTS twice. First for my fiancee visa then took a test again here in the UK last 2014.I arrived in the UK on June, 2012. From my understanding I don't need to take another English test as I already proved it . I am just confused on questions under the Knowledge of Language/Life in the UK on pages 6-7 of form AN. Which box should i tick? Is it "I met the knowledge of language and life requirement to qualify for settlement on or after 28th October 2013; " ??

If that is so, I just have to enclose my IELTS certificate together with my application and other documents right?

Thank you.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you for the reply JOppa. yeah, my IELTS overall bandscore was 7.5. Am I right to believe that I achieved the B1 level?

another question is: when i took my LIfe in the UK test, I used my BRP but under my maiden name so my certificate. But now all my docs are under my spouse's surname. I read in the guidelines that I should present the ID i used when i took my Life in the UK test. Do i need to explain why my certificate was under my maiden's name?

Thanks again

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.