Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is my first post on the forum, so bear with me :confused2:

My partner and i are very interested in a move to Australia for a large number of reasons mainly a better quality of life for both of us and also for when children come along.
We are 27 and 30yrs and have 5 and 7yrs police service.

Im not sure where to start as the immigration sites seem pretty confusing....
Do we apply for temp visas first?

Ive emailed each force (QLD, NSW, WA, VIC) to ask for more details on international transferees.

I would think we score high on the skills list required as i know they are regularly recruiting british officers.
The only force we would not consider is Northern Territory due to being so remote, i have a sister in Sydney so Victoria or New South Wales would be excellent!

·
Registered
619 Posts
This is my first post on the forum, so bear with me :confused2:

My partner and i are very interested in a move to Australia for a large number of reasons mainly a better quality of life for both of us and also for when children come along.
We are 27 and 30yrs and have 5 and 7yrs police service.

Im not sure where to start as the immigration sites seem pretty confusing....
Do we apply for temp visas first?

Ive emailed each force (QLD, NSW, WA, VIC) to ask for more details on international transferees.

I would think we score high on the skills list required as i know they are regularly recruiting british officers.
The only force we would not consider is Northern Territory due to being so remote, i have a sister in Sydney so Victoria or New South Wales would be excellent!
Hi and welcome!

Police officer is not eligible for the Skilled Migration visa (175/176) however you can apply for Employer Nomination. I believe that you will have to contact individual police forces in the region you want to move to and they will have an application process to go through. I did a quick search on the South Australia police force website and found this:

South Australian Police | Careers | Overseas Applicants

You should be able to apply directly with them and they will help you with the visa application process I assume.

Regards,

Mat

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Mat,

I had a reply stating i cannot be considered until im a permanent resident, i think this is due to the recession they are offering jobs to Aussie citizens first.
Will be doing some more digging with a friend who is transferring from our force to New South Wales next month....
:(

·
Registered
619 Posts
Thanks Mat,

I had a reply stating i cannot be considered until im a permanent resident, i think this is due to the recession they are offering jobs to Aussie citizens first.
Will be doing some more digging with a friend who is transferring from our force to New South Wales next month....
:(
ok. did you check all the different forces?.. hopefully the economy will improve and they'll start hiring again.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
argh it missed part of my message

i am still awaiting SAPOL,VIC & QL to reply. I may have a chance with the EN system thanks for letting me know about that i have some hope now!!
;-)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts