Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am more then likely moving to Dubai for a teaching job starting in September and I am considering what to with my two beloved cats. Has any body moved to Dubai and brought their cats (pets) with them and if so how simple was the process and also the big question .... How much did it cost? And then finally if I did bring them what our pet services like e.g vets? Catteries?

Thanks for any information you can give me 馃槉

Registered
There are companies who do relocation for you -www.dkc.ae - lots of info on their site. I worked for dkc (Dubai Kennels and Catteries) - they are great service for relocating but I would not recommend them as a cattery Or you can do it yourself. There are posts on here already about that. It is expensive.
Pets are big business. Loads of vets, pet shops etc. Many vets have catteries as well or there are petsitting services.
Google Dubai Vets/Petshops/Catteries/Petsitting and you will see how many come up.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for this information - its really useful! Really want to move to Dubai but the sticking point has been the cats so this really sets my mind at ease ..... my family laugh at me that I'll jet off and leave them but i have to take the cats with me!

Registered
We're in the process of moving to Dubai with 2 cats. We're using PetAir UK to do the whole thing. Including pick up from us and drop off to us in Dubai. All paperwork etc etc. We've also got them staying with them for a week before they fly them. Cost is just over 拢2k for both cats.

You can do it a lot cheaper, just depends how lazy you are :D

PetAir UK have been easy to deal with and very helpful. Their website has loads of info. Good luck...

Registered
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks this is really useful as there are lots of companies so some recommendations of tried and tested companies is great. I just need to know that the ladies will get here safely with as little trauma as possible 馃惐

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.