Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am saddened to read some of the posts on here about cats in Spain and that what some people are saying is that there is little regard for animals in general.

We want to bring our cat over to stay with us but the information I am getting from the airline, DEFRA and a Spanish agent is confusing.

We have a pet passport and have done the rabies vaccination but there seems to be a health form that airline and the Spanish authorities want completed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'm taking my 2 dogs and a cat to Spain in 3 weeks. We have new pet passports and have all had their rabies jab. I understand that is all that's needed. We are driving though, may be different if flying?

·
Registered
15,733 Posts
I am saddened to read some of the posts on here about cats in Spain and that what some people are saying is that there is little regard for animals in general.

We want to bring our cat over to stay with us but the information I am getting from the airline, DEFRA and a Spanish agent is confusing.

We have a pet passport and have done the rabies vaccination but there seems to be a health form that airline and the Spanish authorities want completed.

Can anyone help?

Thanks in advance
The pet passport should be sufficient for customs though some airlines will require the information on it transferred to their own form. Which airline are you using? Best contact their helpdesk to make sure.

Once you are here you will need to register with a vet and they will record the relevant information from the microchip.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Get in touch with AIA Pets at Gatwick they organise all paperwork they were brilliant we brought our cat over everything went really well as regarding animal treatment were in mallorca ,there are street cats but everyone feeds them not just mad expat British my spanish neighbours all have cats and dogs ,it's stressful but they are fine she was asleep when we picked her up she now very happy in the sun on the balcony and has a big for forrest to play in good luck it will be fine Google AIA PETS x

1 - 5 of 5 Posts