Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Water Babies

I am going to bring a fold-up inflatable boat to Portugal and maybe an outboard motor too (if I can't buy one here). I have yet to get a quote for man & van to bring it from the UK. It's similar to a large tent (in a bag measuring 42" x 24" x 14", with 2 lightweight oars and a pair of small wheels). Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced vanman/lady?

Can anyone recommend a place in the Algarve (or just over the border in Spain) to buy either a new or second-hand outboard?

I was informed by the marine police in Tavira that if a boat is no longer than 5 metres and the outboard is no larger than 6hp and I also confine its' use to river, then I shouldn't have to take any exams /tests. I assume I have to go along to them again to register this boat when I get it here, and show a purchase receipt to prove ownership. Does anyone know what are the cost implications? Will they give me a number to stencil on the boat? Sorry if some of these questions are pretty lame.

Thanks in anticipation for any help with the above.

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Registration cost is minimal but I can't remember how much & yes they do give you a registration number......... However, check the paperwork carefully because the idiots managed to register my 3.8 metre boat as a 38m fishing boat licenced for trawls, longlines, traps & pots etc. :)
When are you going out next? I wouldn't mind some nice haddock and if you could also smoke it (without that lurid yellow dye) so much the better.
:D:D

·
Registered
2,995 Posts
When are you going out next? I wouldn't mind some nice haddock and if you could also smoke it (without that lurid yellow dye) so much the better.
:D:D
Sold or should that be soled the boat lol but happy to smoke anything you like anytime you like........ I still have the smoker. :)

1 - 6 of 6 Posts