Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I've a very quick decision to make so need some advice ASAP

Basically, I've just arrived here from Ireland and have realised that getting to, work by public transport isn't an issue but coming home again is. I have a car, still in the UK where I lived before. I've been trying to sell it for ages and have a buyer who want's to buy it this week. It's a 1998 car.

Question is, do I sell it or bring it here? I need transport here but buying a car here isn't an option. Perhaps I could buy a scooter/moped.....

Anyway, would bringing a 1998 UK reg care here be more trouble than it's worth? Thanks all.

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
Hi All

I've a very quick decision to make so need some advice ASAP

Basically, I've just arrived here from Ireland and have realised that getting to, work by public transport isn't an issue but coming home again is. I have a car, still in the UK where I lived before. I've been trying to sell it for ages and have a buyer who want's to buy it this week. It's a 1998 car.

Question is, do I sell it or bring it here? I need transport here but buying a car here isn't an option. Perhaps I could buy a scooter/moped.....

Anyway, would bringing a 1998 UK reg care here be more trouble than it's worth? Thanks all.
You could bring it temporarily while you look for a replacement, you won't be able to sell it here though. I am confused though, why is buying a car in France not an option? It isn't difficult and the seller has to provide you with a 2-year CT (MOT equivalent).

Cheers

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
thanks all. Have decided I'm definitely not bringing it. With all the certificates and modifications (e.g. new lights) required under French law, it would probably be the same price to obtain a second-hand one here.... though they're not easy to come by!

·
Registered
3,957 Posts
thanks all. Have decided I'm definitely not bringing it. With all the certificates and modifications (e.g. new lights) required under French law, it would probably be the same price to obtain a second-hand one here.... though they're not easy to come by!
That's only if you register it here - temporary usage is OK, don't need to change anything.

There's thousands of second hand cars here - take a look at:

Voiture occasion - Annonce auto, achat et vente voiture occasion - La Centrale.fr

Cheers

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.