Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

Whilst searching for a longterm let in/near Biarritz I have come across a suitable house in Brindos, Anglet, however I have no knowledge of the local area.

Does anyone know the area of Brindos?

I'm thinking local schools, reputation, traffic, is there a small village with shops etc etc

I can not visit France for a couple of weeks and may need to move fast without viewing the property for myself

Any help will be much appreciated

·
Registered
13 Posts
Hi all

Whilst searching for a longterm let in/near Biarritz I have come across a suitable house in Brindos, Anglet, however I have no knowledge of the local area.

Does anyone know the area of Brindos?

I'm thinking local schools, reputation, traffic, is there a small village with shops etc etc

I can not visit France for a couple of weeks and may need to move fast without viewing the property for myself

Any help will be much appreciated

Brindos is a quiet, residential area, not a village, appr 100 single houses with garden, around a little lake plus chateau for a local hang out. It is situated between the airport and the railway, only the latter of which might be an actual disturbance, depending on where the house is located. Traffic is appr. 100 trains/day. I live in the direct flight path of the airport, towards the ocean and do not experience it as a problem - too few planes.
It has 2 camping sites (that do not really disturb the optics, at least when driving by), and is very close to Biarritz biggest super market, Lequerc to the left of the residential area.
I don't know about schools etc, but doubt there are any, the area is too small.
The nearest schools are in Negresse, which is very close (further to the left on the map).
Route de Pitoys can be congested, not around Brindos but much further to the West during 'rush hour', close to Avenue 8 Mai 1945, but there are work arounds for that. Route de Pitoys also has a bit of traffic as the Western parts of it are home to a Zone Artisanal = industrial park for small business.

Hope this helps a bit.

Design49

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the info Design49!

Do you in/near Brindos? Or would you like/mind living there?

We have little option on the type or location of house we rent in Biarritz so would like to make a decision and move fast.. But I finding it hard to take the risk!

Thanks again!

·
Registered
172 Posts
I'll be living in Brindos this summer (Avenue de Brindos in fact). If you still haven't made a decision by the 1st of June, I'll let you know my opinions of the area.
The Landlord of my apartment has said that you don't notice the planes as they don't go directly overhead. And as Design49 has said, there aren't many planes anyway.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Thanks so much for the info Design49!

Do you in/near Brindos? Or would you like/mind living there?

We have little option on the type or location of house we rent in Biarritz so would like to make a decision and move fast.. But I finding it hard to take the risk!

Thanks again!
I don't live in Brindos, but am driving by there on Route de Pitoys frequently and am contemplating to move to the other side of La Negresse (same railway track discussion there). Unfortunately I don't know anybody who lives in Brindos, but from what I have seen, I wouldn't mind trying.
If you zoom in on Brindos with Google Earth you will get a reasonably decent picture of the size of houses and plots.
According to this ad there is a shop and bakery there
There is also an art gallery.
The area looks like upper middle class to me.

I shouldn't think you need to fret too much about bad neighbourhoods in Biarritz. It is an extremely well kept, almost manicured town.
Good luck!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.