Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone -

I wanted to know about the bridging visa - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi/Visi/Bridging-visas

Currently, I am on 457 in Australia and my visa is valid till 2019. I am expecting and the due date is 1st October.
As I am on work visa, I have to pay all the expenses of my pregnancy and it's not covered by my insurance.

I have applied ACS and waiting for its response, but If I file EOI in upcoming 15 days, Will I be eligible to apply for bridging visa at any stage.
As I heard, bridging visa holders get Blue medi care card and with that one will cover by medicare.

Thanks,
Anokhi

·
Registered
23,906 Posts
Hi Everyone -

I wanted to know about the bridging visa - https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visi/Visi/Bridging-visas

Currently, I am on 457 in Australia and my visa is valid till 2019. I am expecting and the due date is 1st October.
As I am on work visa, I have to pay all the expenses of my pregnancy and it's not covered by my insurance.

I have applied ACS and waiting for its response, but If I file EOI in upcoming 15 days, Will I be eligible to apply for bridging visa at any stage.
As I heard, bridging visa holders get Blue medi care card and with that one will cover by medicare.

Thanks,
Anokhi

Bridging visa will be issued only if you have a PR visa application lodged and pending for decision and your current visa is expiring
Lodging an EOI is not a ground for The same

As your current 457 visa is valid till 2019 you cannot be issued a bridging visa till 2019

You may like to recheck the same, as I am not very familiar with the rules

Cheers

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
As newbienz has said, the EOI will not result in a bridging visa. You need to lodge a new visa application in order to be given a bridging visa. However the bridging visa will sit in the background as long as your 457 has not already expired.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi,

I wanted to know about the Skilled Migration and Employment Nomination Visas.

Currently, I am on 1008 in Australia and my visa is valid till 23rd July 2017.

As I am on Bridging E visa, I have to leave Australia by 23 July 2017.

I already lodge my BVE application and a Bridging E (Class WE) Bridging E (General)(subclass 050) visa has been granted to me. I would like to ask is it my condition are eligible to apply for any other visa such as Skilled Migration or Employer Nominated?

As I heard, bridging visa holders can apply for another visa while holding a valid visa.

Regards,
Ron

1 - 4 of 4 Posts