Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I lodged my 189 visa in July and my Bridging visa A (NO TRAVEL) will kick in early October 2017. However I need to go overseas in October for a few weeks and then come back to Australia and hence need Bridging Visa B. However, I read this on Border website:

Working in Australia while you hold a BVB

When your BVB is granted, we will tell you whether your BVB prevents or restricts you from working in Australia. If it does, you cannot get a replacement BVB that will let you work without any restrictions.

Contact your case officer to discuss what options are available to you if you have a compelling need to work, such as being in financial hardship.

Link: https://www.border.gov.au/Trav/Visa...orking-in-Australia-while-you-hold-a-BVB.aspx

I cannot afford to lose working when I come back from overseas. What should I do?

·
Super Moderator
5,693 Posts
I really need an answer to this question. Can anyone please help?
Well, you'll need a BVB to travel, right? And you'll need work rights to go with that.

Your post already states:

"When your BVB is granted, we will tell you whether your BVB prevents or restricts you from working in Australia. If it does, you cannot get a replacement BVB that will let you work without any restrictions.

Contact your case officer to discuss what options are available to you if you have a compelling need to work"

So you must get a BVB to travel, and that does not automatically gent you the right to work when you return - you have to talk to DIBP as per the last sentence above.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well, you'll need a BVB to travel, right? And you'll need work rights to go with that.

Your post already states:

"When your BVB is granted, we will tell you whether your BVB prevents or restricts you from working in Australia. If it does, you cannot get a replacement BVB that will let you work without any restrictions.

Contact your case officer to discuss what options are available to you if you have a compelling need to work"

So you must get a BVB to travel, and that does not automatically gent you the right to work when you return - you have to talk to DIBP as per the last sentence above.
So if the DIBP does not allow me to work after my return, I won't be able to work right? That's what I don't want. Is that true that BVB has same rights as BVA? So if I have the rights to work tomorrow, I should have when I return from overseas?

Thanks.

·
Super Moderator
5,693 Posts
So if the DIBP does not allow me to work after my return, I won't be able to work right? That's what I don't want. Is that true that BVB has same rights as BVA? So if I have the rights to work tomorrow, I should have when I return from overseas?

Thanks.
No, of course a BVB does not have the same rights as a BVA!

A BVB allows you the right to travel and re-enter Australia, a BVA does not.

A BVA has work rights, a BVB may or may not have work rights, depending on DIBP.

If you get a BVB - and you will have to, to leave and return, it does not automatically come with work rights.

If you don't get work rights attached to your BVB, then when you return you won't be able to work.

A BVB may have work rights attached, it may not - you will need to apply for the BVB to find out - if it does not, you will have to ask DIBP to give you work rights with your BVB. Read the following carefully:

If you're not sure, contact DIBP. :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts