Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have a 457 visa, sponsored at a company. I have applied for my 189 and been granted a bridging visa type A. This states that the visa restrictions are the same as the visa it would replace, tho it is actually currently not in effect:

This bridging visa is not in effect because your Temporary Business Entry visa is currently in effect.
Now, this is a long shot but I currently hate my job and want to move. I have found another sponsor, but with the delay from the citizenship backlog I'm wary of transfer times for the 457. Would this bridging visa allow me to work for my new sponsor until it is transferred?

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
As you've said, your bridging visa isn't in effect so you are still on your 457. As long as you are on your 457 (until it expires or is replaced by another visa such as the 189 when it's granted), then you must comply with the conditions of your 457. If you leave your current employer, both you and your employer are obligated to notify DIBP and your 457 may be cancelled taking the bridging visa with it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi I hope anyone can help. So this is my situation:

On a Visa 457 still valid for 3 years but I left my employer on August due to changes of my circumstances and it just didn't work out. I found a new sponsor but it has past 60 days. On veto check, my visa 457 is still in effect as the immigration hasn't finished processing the cancellation yet. I have applied for a visa 461 on May, which gave me a BVA (not in effect until my 457 ceases). The BVA came with the same restrictions as my 457.

Questions:
1. Can I apply for a form 1005 to lift the restriction of my BVA (even if it's still not in effect)?

2. Is it possible that the BVA will come into effect if immigration cease my 457?

(I know I've been reading that when your substantive visa is cancelled, you BVA is also cancelled. But, in all the instances that I rang the immigration probably 10 times now, they all said the same thing: that when immigration cancels my visa (because my employer already notified them or if i decide to voluntary cancel it to speed it up), my BVA will automatically be "In effect." And that although it is past 60 days, I'm still respecting the conditions as I have applied for another visa and git a BVA. So they advised me 2 things: To voluntary cancel my 457 then apply for another BVA (using form 1005 to lift the condition) explaining financial hardship stating that I'm not allowed to work anywhere else aside from my previous employer.

I asked them every time I rang if the BVA will be cancelled as soon as my visa 457 is cancelled, they said NO, it will carry on. So, can anyone advise if they experienced this despite everyone in forums stating that the BVA will also be cancelled?

Sorry for the long and confusing post.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts