Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,
I am looking for urgent advice on this. I have applied for a 189 Visa to Australia.

I had a minor brain stoke in 2011 due to high blood pressure. I had completely recovered after 2 days and my BP is under control since then. I am taking BP medication and also Ecospirin as advised by my doctor. I have been working and have no issues doing my daily tasks.

I have my health exam tomorrow. I am really worried if I will pass.

I even have a medical certificate from my doctor stating I am fit for travelling and working abroad.

Any advice or experiences are greatly helpful.

Chinnu

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi,
Do let us know how your health exam went. I am also having high blood pressure but is under control on medicine. so wanted to know what happens for your case.
All the best.

·
Registered
973 Posts
Thanks.
Do let me know once you are through with your tests if possible.
and Don't worry it will be good.

I was wondering do you need to tell the examiner about your stroke ?

Hi

I have the test today afternoon. Hoping for the best. I have read on other posts that blood pressure is not a problem as long as it is in control. I was worried of mine coz of the stroke in 2011.

All the best to you.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yes, I have use a tablet lifelong (blood thinner). So I am going to share the details.

If I do not mention this, you think it will be fine. I thought it will be a problem if I don't mention this in my medical history now and later try to take this tablet from Aus.

I am in a dilemma if I have to say this or not!

·
Registered
973 Posts
I think better to be truthful rather than be sorry for the same later.
As I have read from various posts here High BP would not be a major cause of worry but they may refer for some further tests later on.
It may delay your VISA process if further medical tests are referred.

But do hope that your BP is normal today so it wont be referred if doctor deems you fit.

Yes, I have use a tablet lifelong (blood thinner). So I am going to share the details.

If I do not mention this, you think it will be fine. I thought it will be a problem if I don't mention this in my medical history now and later try to take this tablet from Aus.

I am in a dilemma if I have to say this or not!

·
Registered
973 Posts
hi,
How did your health exam went. Please share what all was tested and anything emerged out of your BP problem or not.

Please provide details will be really helpful to know.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hi,

It went okay. My BP showed 140.90 and the doctor said it was okay. But since I am on BP medication, they asked to do a test for SrCreatinine apart from the rest of the tests. So in all, I had 3 tests:
1. Medical examination (checked BP and asked if any surgeries) and doctor suggested creatinine test for me as I told him the list of my BP medicines
2. HIV test (blood and urine sample - i was charged extra for the sr.creatinine)
3. Chest x-ray

Went to Fortis, Bangalore
Costed 4200x2=8400 - for me and spouse
For the sr.creatinine test, they charged 200 extra.

·
Registered
973 Posts
That's gr8 and a big relief. I think it all matters on your BP on the day of test.
if it is normal it wont affect much.

Thanks for your feedback.

Hi,

It went okay. My BP showed 140.90 and the doctor said it was okay. But since I am on BP medication, they asked to do a test for SrCreatinine apart from the rest of the tests. So in all, I had 3 tests:
1. Medical examination (checked BP and asked if any surgeries) and doctor suggested creatinine test for me as I told him the list of my BP medicines
2. HIV test (blood and urine sample - i was charged extra for the sr.creatinine)
3. Chest x-ray

Went to Fortis, Bangalore
Costed 4200x2=8400 - for me and spouse
For the sr.creatinine test, they charged 200 extra.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts