Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
3.I guess I just must find a lot of you're discussions and debates interesting enough to have a peek - though I do try to resist becoming too involved, as I just don't have the time. Posting is too time consuming with one finger typing - and you can always tell by the mistakes, when I get over excited and try to use two fingers. I can actually spell, I just can't make my fingers work in the right order and hit the right keys!

Did I really do that?!?:eek:

It's not the first time I've written something so obviously wrong when typing. I would never make a mistake like that if I was writing by hand.

Is this some sort of brain failure caused by the strain of one finger typing, or worse, a symptom of old age where I am reverting to childhood - very young childhood, before I learned basic grammer and spelling in primary school?

Anyone else suffer from this problem? Well, apart from the person who made almost the same mistake on the same thread!!

·
Administrator
37,069 Posts
3.I guess I just must find a lot of you're discussions and debates interesting enough to have a peek - though I do try to resist becoming too involved, as I just don't have the time. Posting is too time consuming with one finger typing - and you can always tell by the mistakes, when I get over excited and try to use two fingers. I can actually spell, I just can't make my fingers work in the right order and hit the right keys!

It's not the first time I've written something so obviously wrong when typing. I would never make a mistake like that if I was writing by hand.

Is this some sort of brain failure caused by the strain of one finger typing, or worse, a symptom of old age where I am reverting to childhood - very young childhood, before I learned basic grammer and spelling in primary school?

Anyone else suffer from this problem? Well, apart from the person who made almost the same mistake on the same thread!!
look what's doing the rounds on facebook atm ;)

·
Registered
100 Posts

Don't have a problem when typing but find that when writing on a white board in a training or classroom situation, I can make silly mistakes and I notice other people do that too. Must be something to do with multitasking, I guess.

·
Registered
19,467 Posts
that was on FB too - but if you google Cyanide & Happiness you'll get links to lots more cartoons - not grammar related but still funny :D
Already did that (am not adverse to using Google) but couldn't find this actual cartoon.
My daughter has face book so perhaps I'll try through her, but what do I look for?

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Quote: "when I get over excited and try to use two fingers" end quote

But isn't the two finger version when one is using sign language?

My major errors are caused when my left hand doesn't keep up with, or gets ahead of, the right hand and I end up with soem.

·
Registered
16,058 Posts
I've been making the most ridiculous mistakes recently. Not just words spelled wrongly (their for there etc) but the wrong word altogether - usually one that rhymes with the one I meant to use. I think it's an age thing. I type very fast using nearly all my fingers so it isn't related to that.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.