Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone and Experts,

I have question before submitting my EOI.
Background: ACS + PTE[10] gives me total of 65 points.
I'm looking for advice, if I submit for 189[with 65 points] and 190[with 65+5 points] at the same time. And given the current backlog and queue, chances of picking 190 is slightly high (correct me if I'm wrong).

#1The actual Q is, if at all 190 is picked up will my 189 is still valid in the queue to be picked up as per the backlog or it will be invalid as I got 190?

#2 Also is the physical stay of 2 years is mandatory if someone got 190 visa (I'm currently in US, looking to migrate to Aus only if I have an job offer to play safe)

Hoping for advice.

Thanks again!
Lohith

·
Registered
577 Posts
Hi Everyone and Experts,

I have question before submitting my EOI.
Background: ACS + PTE[10] gives me total of 65 points.
I'm looking for advice, if I submit for 189[with 65 points] and 190[with 65+5 points] at the same time. And given the current backlog and queue, chances of picking 190 is slightly high (correct me if I'm wrong).

#1The actual Q is, if at all 190 is picked up will my 189 is still valid in the queue to be picked up as per the backlog or it will be invalid as I got 190?

#2 Also is the physical stay of 2 years is mandatory if someone got 190 visa (I'm currently in US, looking to migrate to Aus only if I have an job offer to play safe)

Hoping for advice.

Thanks again!
Lohith
1. If you selected both 189 and 190 in your EOI; your 189 will be suspended if you are invited for 190 and you proceed to lodge a visa on it. You can however, submit two separate EOIs each for 189 and 190. That way both will be independent of each other.

2. The 2 year stay is a moral obligation towards your nominating State. The DIBP doesnt impose it as a VISA condition. It is not mandatory.

Reactions: lohit2prince

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. If you selected both 189 and 190 in your EOI; your 189 will be suspended if you are invited for 190 and you proceed to lodge a visa on it. You can however, submit two separate EOIs each for 189 and 190. That way both will be independent of each other.

2. The 2 year stay is a moral obligation towards your nominating State. The DIBP doesnt impose it as a VISA condition. It is not mandatory.
Thanks for the response.

I have another query which just realized and I'm in dilemma.
The ACS I have done is for "261399 (Software and Application Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code"
But while submitting EOI, it is not allowing me, showing as " The client nominated occupation is not the relevant occupation list of this subcalss" both for 189 and 190.

Do I need to do the ACS again? I'm shocked seeing that message just before submit button.
Should I re-do ACS with Software Engineer ANZSCO code.
Any advice helps!

Thanks!
Lohith

·
Registered
577 Posts
Thanks for the response.

I have another query which just realized and I'm in dilemma.
The ACS I have done is for "261399 (Software and Application Programmer) of the ANZSCO Code"
But while submitting EOI, it is not allowing me, showing as " The client nominated occupation is not the relevant occupation list of this subcalss" both for 189 and 190.

Do I need to do the ACS again? I'm shocked seeing that message just before submit button.
Should I re-do ACS with Software Engineer ANZSCO code.
Any advice helps!

Thanks!
Lohith
Unfortunately yes, 261399 is not on the occupation lists anymore. Better nominate another ANZSCO code.

Not sure if an assessment within the same ANZSCO group is allowed or not; check this before proceeding further.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.