Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, please forgive me if this is a stupid question but now that I have received my ancestry visa I was wondering once I arrive at Heathrow and go through Border Patrol what type of questions will they ask me or should they just let me go through now. Also, can someone tell me how long I have before I have to enter the country now that my visa has been granted. Thanks all!

·
Registered
204 Posts
They will still stop you (as they stop anyone) to ask "normal" border entry questions, they will check to see that you have a Visa in your passport, and the process will be pretty smooth. They're not going to ask you an extensive set of questions in terms of you having to prove a bunch of stuff. That's why you get a Visa for entry in the first place :)

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I think it depends on the IO. We had everything ready, that is all our documents we had submitted with our application. Our IO asked absolutely nothing, whistled quietly as he checked the passport for the visa and tapped the information into the computer. And that was it! We were relieved! For us this was the final stress, at least for the next two and a half years!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.