Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, well thats it done now the nerves kick in we booked our flights today and will be in OZ 13th Oct it was strange booking one way flights but no going back now.

Thanks to everyone for all the support and info helping us through this process

weelee:clap2::clap2::clap2:

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
congratulations once again.. wish u luck :)

·
Registered
1,010 Posts
Hi all, well thats it done now the nerves kick in we booked our flights today and will be in OZ 13th Oct it was strange booking one way flights but no going back now.

best of luck...

·
Registered
4,597 Posts
:plane: :cheer2: :cheer2: :plane:

Dolly

·
Registered
173 Posts

CONGRATULATIONS ONCE AGAIN. :clap2: WELCOME TO OZ

·
Registered
272 Posts
:plane::plane:
Congratulations!!!

I imagine you must be getting to that excited/nervous phase!!!

Will you be able to take more luggage due to being a migration?
I hear a few companies will allow a bit more for migrants.

Best of luck,
Busyte

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
:plane::plane:
Congratulations!!!

I imagine you must be getting to that excited/nervous phase!!!

Will you be able to take more luggage due to being a migration?
I hear a few companies will allow a bit more for migrants.

Best of luck,
Busyte
hi busyte,

cheers we have booked with singapore airlines and we are allowed double allowance due to us being a migrant we just have to show our visa at check in

weelee

·
Registered
303 Posts
hi busyte,

cheers we have booked with singapore airlines and we are allowed double allowance due to us being a migrant we just have to show our visa at check in

weelee
Hiya weelee, I am just looking at flights and it seems our best deal is emirates from brum, given the travel/hotel accom if we fly from another city. Having said that i haven't thought of baggage allowance?? I know emirates is 30kg per person, so what is singapore's cost etc?? We have decided to book for the 06/12/09, so advice urgently needed!!!!!!! Thanx ellisax:confused2:

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Hiya weelee, I am just looking at flights and it seems our best deal is emirates from brum, given the travel/hotel accom if we fly from another city. Having said that i haven't thought of baggage allowance?? I know emirates is 30kg per person, so what is singapore's cost etc?? We have decided to book for the 06/12/09, so advice urgently needed!!!!!!! Thanx ellisax:confused2:
Hi ellisa, we were £590 each for the flights thats going with singapore to singapore then to melbourne from Edinburgh I asked when booking what the allowance is and it is normally 23kg but for immigrants its double one time offer only, we checked all other airlines but this suited us best plus we have the best seats on the new airbus A380 so thats swayed it for us.

weelee:plane:

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi ellisa, we were £590 each for the flights thats going with singapore to singapore then to melbourne from Edinburgh I asked when booking what the allowance is and it is normally 23kg but for immigrants its double one time offer only, we checked all other airlines but this suited us best plus we have the best seats on the new airbus A380 so thats swayed it for us.

weelee:plane:
Hi mate - congrats u must be buzzing... quick Q - did u manage 2 get ur flights without a stopoff in London? I am heading out early dec and trying 2 sort flights now - the only one i can find direct from scotland is with emirates from glasgow stopping dubai for serious ££££. I am trying to cut down the stops as i have a wee man in tow (9months). Cheers, Kev

PS where u moving 2?

·
Registered
221 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hi mate - congrats u must be buzzing... quick Q - did u manage 2 get ur flights without a stopoff in London? I am heading out early dec and trying 2 sort flights now - the only one i can find direct from scotland is with emirates from glasgow stopping dubai for serious ££££. I am trying to cut down the stops as i have a wee man in tow (9months). Cheers, Kev

PS where u moving 2?
Hi Kev,

we could only findflights that stopped over in London but the timing is brill only 2 hours between flights we wanted to fly on the new a380 so we did not have a choice but we dont have kids coming with us. Hope this helps BTW we are going to melbourne

good luck weelee

1 - 20 of 22 Posts