Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Anzo. 49 year old single lesbian...born in France, French citizen...raised mostly in the US. I am in the process of trying to relocate back to the Motherland! Downsizing to the bare minimum,selling almost everything I own and putting a new engine in my VW Westy to have it shipped over to be my temporary housing and transportation. I have a distant cousin in Avignon who has a vineyard...hoping she will have a corner of a field for me to call home for a while:) Last trip to France was in Nov.2011, went to Montpelier for the first time and loved it. Love the whole area between Avignon and Montpelier and the whole South West. Will see where the Universe sends me! Am currently a landscaper. Have restaurant experience and had my own restaurant. Lots of animal experience and with all this would like to pursue a lifelong dream of finding some land in the South,raising sheep and making artisanal sheep's milk cheese and yogurt. I love this forum and have passed it on to my kids,who are all dual French-American citizens with an interest in living in France. I know I am not technically an ex-pat...since I am a full-fledged French citizen,but I feel like one,having lived in the US for so long. Thanks for letting me join your "club" and helping me with ideas for my move by reading your posts!

·
Administrator
49,988 Posts
Welcome, Anzo, to the forum. Sure, you're an expat - you're living in a country other than where you were born. And even if you return to France, you'll be living somewhere other than where you were raised. Once an expat, always an expat - or so I've found.

What have you been doing in Maine? (I'm a New Englander myself - French heritage and in some ways I've "returned to the Old Country.")
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.