Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I have family coming in a couple weeks, I’m looking for a slow boat tour to preferably leave from the Marina and take us round the palm and Burj Al Arab for maybe 1 hour...

Everything i can find either includes Dinner, is a romantic cruise or is a yellow speed boat

Anybody have any experience on the subject?

Thanks

Craig

·
Registered
2,636 Posts
I recently went on a tour that was exactly as you described, slow cruise out from the Marina out to the Burj, idling it for a bit and then back again. It was for two hours and on a medium sized yacht. A friend arranged the whole thing, will try and find out the operators details and get them over to you.

It ended up being a pretty good deal, she got it done via a groupon offer, might be worth looking on there too.

·
Registered
858 Posts
call the yacht club in the marina and ask. I did one a couple of years ago and think threre were a couple of companies there who did charters. whilst not cheap if you limit it to 3-4 hours and find a company that will let you take your own food/booze (the one we went with allowed this) then it's not too expensive.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experiences

I am not looking to charter a yacht, i was hoping for some tourist type tour round out and about for around £35 like the yallow boat speed boat tours...just not on a bloody speed boat!

Craig

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experiences

I am not looking to charter a yacht, i was hoping for some tourist type tour round out and about for around £35 like the yallow boat speed boat tours...just not on a bloody speed boat!

Craig
Did you check out the RTA one then? It is a tourist boat and it's cheap. Gold tickets are 75 DHS and silver tickets 50 DHS...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Did you check out the RTA one then? It is a tourist boat and it's cheap. Gold tickets are 75 DHS and silver tickets 50 DHS...
QOFE - Thank you, for some reason i completely missed that post and it looked very interesting!

Looks like the RTA one will be ideal

Craig

1 - 8 of 8 Posts