Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recall some months back a huge hooha about etisalat forcing a software patch onto Blackberry's which caused huge problems with the battery life. i have just bought a Bold and barely get 2 days worth of battery life despite being a fairly moderate user. Can anyone update me on the status of this so called patch? is there a way to uninstall it? is it just the Bold is heavey on batteries?

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
I recall some months back a huge hooha about etisalat forcing a software patch onto Blackberry's which caused huge problems with the battery life. i have just bought a Bold and barely get 2 days worth of battery life despite being a fairly moderate user. Can anyone update me on the status of this so called patch? is there a way to uninstall it? is it just the Bold is heavey on batteries?

Two days is pretty average for a modern phone isnt it?? My husband has a "Blackberry curve" and if he gets just about two days if he's careful, but he charges it every night!!

Jo xxxx

·
Super Moderator
12,544 Posts
What you need to bear in mind is that the more gizmos and gadget and lights and sounds a mobile has the quicker it uses up bttery life. So the more fancy your phone the more often you will need to recharge it.
I bought my hubby a nice new fancy phone for xmas and t he battery was running outrealylfast. Wewent back to the shop with it and the guy asked him if he wanted all the fancy sounds andl lights etc. Hubby saind no so the guy turned off anything that was not neccesary. Thathas made a huge difference to the life of the battery

Veronica

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.