Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seniors,

I am writing this to request possible solutions to birth place mismatch problem on birth certificate and passport. (Those who have been through this experience please comment)

I am from Pakistan and I intend to apply for 189 visa to Australia.

I was born in Lahore which is why while submitting an application to obtain a passport I mentioned "Lahore" as my birthplace. Since my parents were travelling and after my birth they came to "Gujranwala", they registered my birth in Gujranwala and not in Lahore. (I didn't know that)

Now while collecting documents to apply for 189 visa I came across this mismatch.

I visited birth certificate office and they say that they won't change it as its online now. I cannot change my passport either because recently I have got a scholarship to Netherlands and its visa as well on my current passport. I will be travelling to Netherlands in the end of this week. I requested passport office if they can officially write on my passport that my birthplace is "Gujranwala" and not "Lahore" without issuing me a new passport, they refused.

Now please help me how to handle this situation where I cannot change both my birth certificate and passport.

I don't have a lot of money to waste on refusal so I am very cautious.

Kindly reply if anyone has experienced this issue.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Seniors,

I am writing this to request possible solutions to birth place mismatch problem on birth certificate and passport. (Those who have been through this experience please comment)

I am from Pakistan and I intend to apply for 189 visa to Australia.

I was born in Lahore which is why while submitting an application to obtain a passport I mentioned "Lahore" as my birthplace. Since my parents were travelling and after my birth they came to "Gujranwala", they registered my birth in Gujranwala and not in Lahore. (I didn't know that)

Now while collecting documents to apply for 189 visa I came across this mismatch.

I visited birth certificate office and they say that they won't change it as its online now. I cannot change my passport either because recently I have got a scholarship to Netherlands and its visa as well on my current passport. I will be travelling to Netherlands in the end of this week. I requested passport office if they can officially write on my passport that my birthplace is "Gujranwala" and not "Lahore" without issuing me a new passport, they refused.

Now please help me how to handle this situation where I cannot change both my birth certificate and passport.

I don't have a lot of money to waste on refusal so I am very cautious.

Kindly reply if anyone has experienced this issue.
I don't have a birth certificate. I used my passport for DOB proof as well.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have checked form 80 in which place of birth is asked and I am not sure which one should I mention there.

Because if the CO forces me to produce the Birth Certificate then I will be in jeopardy.

·
Registered
23,959 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts