Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy an English birthday card in Benalmadena (preferably in near the harbor)

Thanks

·
Registered
17,566 Posts
Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can buy an English birthday card in Benalmadena (preferably in near the harbor)

Thanks
You will have to go to a shop that sells English stuff - the Spanish don't usually waste their money on them. Suggest you go to Fuengirola where there is an Iceland which does sell English birthday cards.

·
Banned
1,832 Posts
Hi Guys,

Thanks
Best bet would be the main road near the harbour & look for a chinese shop (lots of them)
Lots of Spanish shops stock birthday cards so if you do not mind a Spanish one ?

·
Registered
1,377 Posts
Yeah, good idea. I actually like the China stores. It reminds me of WalMart in the US, only poorer quality. We have a couple here in town. I like going there for hardware stuff and don't drive to do it. In the US I would sometimes drive to WalMart a few times a day when working on home projects. Also, according to the locals, the China stores here is where the shoplifters go. When first arriving, they would follow me around in the store and I thought it was a cultural thing. Now, the daughter of the owner always says hello to me in English. Lots off the subject here but the China store has most everything and may have birthday cards but I imagine they will be in Spanish.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts