Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I have received EOI in the month of April and have applied for birth certificate with the corresponding municipal authorities in India and they are not able to trace the registration of my birth. Also they say that they cannot issue a letter for No Registration of Birth certificate since in the past it has been misused.

I have taken a court affidavit which mentions my date of birth as per my passport, 10th marksheet and 12th marksheet and my natural date of birth is the same as the one i have across all documents.

Should the court affidavit and the receipt seeking birth certificate submitted to the municipal corporation suffice the need. Can someone help in this regard please?

BR,
Shankar

·
4,886 Posts
You have received EOI in the month of April ? That doesn't make any sense.
Do you mean you have submitted EOI or do you mean the EOI was selected and now you have received ITA ?

If your birth certificate is unobtainable, you will need to provide evidence of this, for example a ‘non-availability’ or ‘birth not registered’ certificate issued by the authority responsible for registering births in your country of birth.

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) does not consider a full birth certificate to be unobtainable when it is difficult or takes a long time to obtain.

If you are required to provide a full birth certificate with your application and you provide INZ with satisfactory evidence that your full birth certificate is unobtainable then you will need to provide originals or certified copies of the following documents:

passport or certificate of identity and,
an identity document (if you do not hold a passport or certificate of identity, you may provide two identity documents instead).
An identity document is a document that:

confirms a person's identity
includes a person's full name and date of birth, and
includes a photograph of the person's head and shoulders.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You have received EOI in the month of April ? That doesn't make any sense.
Do you mean you have submitted EOI or do you mean the EOI was selected and now you have received ITA ?

If your birth certificate is unobtainable, you will need to provide evidence of this, for example a ‘non-availability’ or ‘birth not registered’ certificate issued by the authority responsible for registering births in your country of birth.

Immigration New Zealand (INZ) does not consider a full birth certificate to be unobtainable when it is difficult or takes a long time to obtain.

If you are required to provide a full birth certificate with your application and you provide INZ with satisfactory evidence that your full birth certificate is unobtainable then you will need to provide originals or certified copies of the following documents:

passport or certificate of identity and,
an identity document (if you do not hold a passport or certificate of identity, you may provide two identity documents instead).
An identity document is a document that:

confirms a person's identity
includes a person's full name and date of birth, and
includes a photograph of the person's head and shoulders.
Thanks escapedtonz. I meant, i have received ITA in the month of April 2015. Sorry about the confusion.

I have the court affidavit and the passport.

I have receipt given by the corporation office against my application to have the birth certificate issued. But until now the authorities are saying they are not able to trace my birth registration and also wont be issuing "Birth not registered" certificate also.

In this case, would it be sufficient if i submit the Certified copy of my passport and court affidavit confirming my date of birth and the receipt issued by the concerned authorities responsible for registering of birth.

·
4,886 Posts
Thanks escapedtonz. I meant, i have received ITA in the month of April 2015. Sorry about the confusion.

I have the court affidavit and the passport.

I have receipt given by the corporation office against my application to have the birth certificate issued. But until now the authorities are saying they are not able to trace my birth registration and also wont be issuing "Birth not registered" certificate also.

In this case, would it be sufficient if i submit the Certified copy of my passport and court affidavit confirming my date of birth and the receipt issued by the concerned authorities responsible for registering of birth.
Yes it should all suffice.
May also be a good idea to send any correspondence you have between yourself and the authority responsible for providing a birth certificate - eg emails or letters in addition to the issued receipt if you have them. I'd assume the authority issued you the reasons why they couldn't provide you with a "birth not registered certificate" in writing ? If not it would be a great help to your cause.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Cannot obtain birth related docs.

Hi escapedtonz,

I and my wife don't have birth certificates. In my wife's case, we asked the municipal authority to provide(Certifying authority in New Delhi) for birth certificate unobtainable letter. Even they are not willing to provide that letter because she and her parents don't have any address proof of the time she born.

Could you please help us and suggest other alternate docs that we can submit along with the passport.?

Thanks,
Kamal

·
4,886 Posts
Hi escapedtonz,

I and my wife don't have birth certificates. In my wife's case, we asked the municipal authority to provide(Certifying authority in New Delhi) for birth certificate unobtainable letter. Even they are not willing to provide that letter because she and her parents don't have any address proof of the time she born.

Could you please help us and suggest other alternate docs that we can submit along with the passport.?

Thanks,
Kamal
You need to contact Immigration NZ and ask them what other forms of proof they will accept or any other options you have.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts