Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

I just submitted my online application for my visa 175.
I realize they want a birth certificate for the proof of age, I thought a passport copy was enough :(

I think I can have one relatively quickly, like within a week. Is it ok if I submit it later?

Thanks

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
And I am very confused now.
In the list of required documents, I have:
15/05/2012 Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Required
15/05/2012 Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Required
15/05/2012 Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Required

I thought these documents are asked later by the CO?

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi,

I realize they want a birth certificate for the proof of age, I thought a passport copy was enough :(

I think I can have one relatively quickly, like within a week. Is it ok if I submit it later?

Thanks
I did not submit my birth certificate, however I submitted something similar to that, where the name of my father and mother were written there. In our country we have family card, issued by the local authority for demograpic-related issues...

Not sure whether they will allow you to submit is at the later stage, my suggestion is to submit it within the time frame that DIAC give you...Good luck:)

·
Registered
63 Posts
And I am very confused now.
In the list of required documents, I have:
15/05/2012 Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Required
15/05/2012 Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Required
15/05/2012 Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Required

I thought these documents are asked later by the CO?
These will be requested by CO when CO has been appointed to review your case...Dont do it now when CO is not yet appointed...

G

·
Birth certificate is not just for age. It is also to prove who your parents are, an extended way of identifying you and in case you later want to sponsor a relative. They can be proven a relative through lineage. Only those people who come from countries where birth certificates are not routinely provided can be excluded from providing it and they prove it with other means. European countries register births with certificates so you must provide it.

·
Registered
287 Posts
Hi,

Thanks
I do not think birth certificate is required. Upload the 1st page(having birth date ) and last page having your parents' name by choosing 'Evidence of Age' in the drop down. It should work.

G

·
That would be true for india, africa and other countries where it can be difficult to get a correct birth certificate. And I have seen people using family books etc to prove parentage. But not so for countries where it is simple to get a correct certificate. CO will ask for it though not sure if it is a problem providing it late and not with application

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks all!

How many days do I have to upload all the documents?
I haven't received any mail from DIAC yet, I have read on that forum that I should receive one within 24 hours?

·
Registered
287 Posts
Thanks all!

How many days do I have to upload all the documents?
I haven't received any mail from DIAC yet, I have read on that forum that I should receive one within 24 hours?
If you make an online application, you receive an email immediately giving you the file reference, client ID, TRN and the list of documents that are required.

If you have not received an email, please check your email ID in the application. Or you did not allow electronic communication in your application...

Did you receive an acknowledgement screen giving you TRN after making payment? If not, probably your application is not submitted.

Also, if you have not received any correspondence yet from DIAC, why do you think a birth certificate will be required in addition to your passport?

Generally documents for primary applicant should be uploaded within 28 days of receiving the email from the dept.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If you make an online application, you receive an email immediately giving you the file reference, client ID, TRN and the list of documents that are required.

If you have not received an email, please check your email ID in the application. Or you did not allow electronic communication in your application...

Did you receive an acknowledgement screen giving you TRN after making payment? If not, probably your application is not submitted.

Also, if you have not received any correspondence yet from DIAC, why do you think a birth certificate will be required in addition to your passport?

Generally documents for primary applicant should be uploaded within 28 days of receiving the email from the dept.
I have a TRN and I can log into it. My mail is correct.
Here is my document checklist:

Birth certificate or other evidence of age Required Message
Copy of your passport Personal Particulars/Photo (bio-data) page Required
IELTS English Test Report Results Required
Evidence of overseas qualifications Required
Evidence of skills assessment Required
Evidence of work experience Required
Character Requirements Penal Clearance Certificates Required
Passport photo Required
Form 160EH - Radiologist report on chest x-ray Required
Form 26EH - Medical Examination for an Australian visa Required

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Birth certificate is not just for age. It is also to prove who your parents are, an extended way of identifying you and in case you later want to sponsor a relative. They can be proven a relative through lineage. Only those people who come from countries where birth certificates are not routinely provided can be excluded from providing it and they prove it with other means. European countries register births with certificates so you must provide it.
That is interesting. How is DIAC checking on non-migrating relative (brothers, sisters, father, mother)? I managed to do a mistake in my mother's name :embarassed:

My uncle lived in Australia 20 years ago and his son (my cousin) was born there so he is an Australian citizen although he stayed only one year. I wonder if DIAC will make the link. It's not a problem in any case.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
G

·
That is interesting. How is DIAC checking on non-migrating relative (brothers, sisters, father, mother)? I managed to do a mistake in my mother's name :embarassed:

My uncle lived in Australia 20 years ago and his son (my cousin) was born there so he is an Australian citizen although he stayed only one year. I wonder if DIAC will make the link. It's not a problem in any case.
If you are not using them as sponsors then it's not an issue. If you want to correct it send them the form saying you gave an incorrect answer and correct it. Someone will tell you the number of the form you need to send and you will find it on the diac web site.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I received the automatic confirmation of application on my email, so that's good news :)
I already uploaded some documents (~ 38 .jpg) but on second thought it might have been better if I had grouped them in .pdf
There is no buttons to remove an individual document, there is just a "Cancel form" button at the bottom of the list. I don't mind re-uploading everything, but I am a bit wary on clicking on it.
Any idea?

·
Registered
287 Posts
I received the automatic confirmation of application on my email, so that's good news :)
I already uploaded some documents (~ 38 .jpg) but on second thought it might have been better if I had grouped them in .pdf
There is no buttons to remove an individual document, there is just a "Cancel form" button at the bottom of the list. I don't mind re-uploading everything, but I am a bit wary on clicking on it.
Any idea?
Documents once uploaded cannot be removed. Cancel form will only exit that page.

G

·
I've heard people saying they put them into one document to save space but I have also seen them say you can email them additional documents if you run out of space. Again I dont have the email because I didnt apply for that type of visa but lots of people on here can tell you what it is.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've heard people saying they put them into one document to save space but I have also seen them say you can email them additional documents if you run out of space. Again I dont have the email because I didnt apply for that type of visa but lots of people on here can tell you what it is.
I haven't reach a limit yet. Is it a limit on the overall size or on the number of documents?
So far I uploaded around 42 file for 16MB.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.