Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

Seems things are moving fast for many applicants including the ones who applied in December.

Congratulations to all !

Appreciate if you can comment on my following queries.

I plan to apply by mid of March. So waiting for my ACS assessment.

I am from HR country and I have my passport in English. But my birth certificate is in native language. Would it be needed in the visa process? I thought of getting a translation done in advance if it is needed.

To prove the marriage other than the marriage certificate, what else we need?

Regards

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Hi

Yes for visa application, you need the birth certificate, get a translation done. Other than that for proving the marriage all you need is marriage certificate.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Will passport or Domicile certificate do the job??????? mine Birth certificate is also in native language.

Hi

Yes for visa application, you need the birth certificate, get a translation done. Other than that for proving the marriage all you need is marriage certificate.

·
Registered
1,389 Posts
Will passport or Domicile certificate do the job??????? mine Birth certificate is also in native language.
Ypou can get it translated gaurav, Take it to translation guys, it's expensive here, my marriage cert and birth cert both were in Hindi, I got it translated from translation house and attested from Indian Embassy.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I don't have a birth certificate. They accepted my passport in it's place. That was for a spousal visa, though.

·
Registered
881 Posts
Hello randhir,
Is the translation of birth certificate a necessity????
Cannot the accept Passport, Domicile Certificate,Leaving Certificate as proof of Birth date???????

Ypou can get it translated gaurav, Take it to translation guys, it's expensive here, my marriage cert and birth cert both were in Hindi, I got it translated from translation house and attested from Indian Embassy.

·
Registered
323 Posts
Hello randhir,
Is the translation of birth certificate a necessity????
Cannot the accept Passport, Domicile Certificate,Leaving Certificate as proof of Birth date???????
This is what the evisa portal say.

"Please provide a certified copy of your full birth certificate.

If your country of birth does not issue birth certificates, please provide written notification stating this, and provide your country's equivalent documentation, for example secondary school certificate, family book extracts or family census register showing names of both parents."

·
Registered
162 Posts
I have my birth certificate in english but then it doesnt have my name.. so wht shuld I do??

·
Registered
8,429 Posts
Nothing cintai, just get an affidavit from your parents and one from your side stating the DOB and attache the certificate with it. and when they say birth certificate they do not want an unregistered one form the hospital, they ask fro a registered certificate.

Gaurav if you have it give it, translation is no big deal, they take 500 bbux and give you two copies on a letterhead with their stamp on it

·
Registered
881 Posts
Then ur birth certificate is issued on whose's name??? :cool:
I have my birth certificate in english but then it doesnt have my name.. so wht shuld I do??

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well I was named only after 3 months from my birthdate whereas the certificate was issued before tht!!!

·
Registered
323 Posts
For me and my wife I used "secondary school certificate". In case of my daughter I had birth certificate without her name. Once the naming ceremony was done, I got a updated birth certificate with her name. I got it from city co-operation office. They charge extra for issuing the updated birth certificate. It will take half day to get it. They will ask for photocopy of old birth certificate.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Then I guess I can also use my secondary school certificate.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts