Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I printed my visa out along with the bar code to take to biometrics. The only day they had " available" this month is the 30th. Do you think if I went there early and walked in the day before they would take me, or is it appt time only?

·
Registered
54 Posts
I couldn't even get in the door good before they checked my documents and appt. I don't know if it's different anywhere else, but I don't think they would take you a day early :( I did arrive way early for mine and that wasn't a big deal at all bc I had to take a number once they checked me and just wait my turn.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Guess I'll just have to try and see what they say because I cant get there any other day and its pretty far away. I seen some der posts on here where they dis take them as a walk in , so it can't hurt to ask

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Guess I'll just have to try and see what they say because I cant get there any other day and its pretty far away. I seen some der posts on here where they dis take them as a walk in , so it can't hurt to ask
What country are you applying in?

I applied in the US, my appointment was in B'Ham, AL, and I got there a whopping two hours early-so I waited in my car. ROFLOL, the guard said I could have come in, and they would have done my biometrics the minute I went through the security check.

But he also said if I'd come on the wrong day they wouldn't have been able to do it-it HAS to be on the date of the appointment.

·
Registered
39,151 Posts
No, you can't turn up on any other day than the one for which you have an appointment. USCIS's Application Support Centers collect your biometrics on behalf of the UKBA and transmit the data electronically to NY visa hub, so it's a special appointment and not a regular one for US immigration purposes. Your details will probably be not on their system until the date of your appointment, so it will be a wasted journey for you.

Couldn't you find an earlier slot at another center covering your state of residence?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.