1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi
My husband is going to be applying online this week for his visa, and hopefully
getting an early Biometrics appointment. Does anyone know if when he goes
for the biometrics, if he has to pay, someone had told him that it will cost him
$70, is this right?
Thanks

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hi
My husband is going to be applying online this week for his visa, and hopefully
getting an early Biometrics appointment. Does anyone know if when he goes
for the biometrics, if he has to pay, someone had told him that it will cost him
$70, is this right?
Thanks
Your husband is the US citizen going to a US office (DHS, don't let that worry you or him), right?

If yes, there is no charge-at least there wasn't when I did mine a year ago in B'ham, AL.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Hi,
Sorry yes should of said, yes he is a US citizen, and he'll be going to Baltimore for his biometrics. And thats great if no charge..
Thank you.
It's kind of confusing the way it's worded on the application and other places on the official site, I think there is a charge but it is part of the application fee-which is paid before the appointment setting option pops up for the applicant to schedule the biometrics appointment.

So he's already paid all of the associated fees, including the UPS fee of $12USD for the return of the packet once the visa is determined.

LOL, even though through this forum I'd been advised there was not going to be a 'pay here' moment at the biometrics appointment, I went prepared with cash and a credit card just in case. I was not asked for any money at the appointment, and when I asked if there was a fee the security guard said I'd already paid it in my application fee.

Not that I think he'll be asked for money at any point during his appointment in Baltimore (beautiful city, btw), but if he is, I think he should insist on a receipt and then say something to the UKBA about it when submitting his application.

·
Registered
135 Posts
sandikim said:
Hi,
Sorry yes should of said, yes he is a US citizen, and he'll be going to Baltimore for his biometrics. And thats great if no charge..
Thank you.
I just did mine and im going there they said that that one didnt have a place to pay so you pay online. But I didnt have to pay anything except the cost for visa and for shipping my stuff back to me. But I guess ill find out on Wednesday if they want a payment.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.