Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi.

Quick question, today we received our letter to get my Wife's biometrics done and Monday we are going to the post office, my question is to we post them back to the address on the letter? or the address we sent the Visa application to?

Many thanks!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
We applied for a second FLR M visa, we sent the application Monday and today received a letter saying we should go to the local post office and take the letter which has a bar code and application number. My only thought was where do I send this information after? Does the post office deal with it? Do I return it to the address on the letter? Or should I send it to the address which we sent the application to?

Many thanks.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
You're not supposed to post your application and supporting documents until after your biometrics have been taken. The biometrics receipt which is proof that you've had your biometrics taken is one of the supporting documents.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes it was a misunderstanding, as we had already had the finger prints and photo's taken the last time we applied. The letter has stated we have 15 days to do this.

·
Super Moderator
18,073 Posts
Biometrics are required with each new application. I don't know what to tell you. As I said your application and supporting documents which include the biometrics receipt are all to be sent together AFTER your biometrics have been taken. Everything must arrive together at one time. I don't know if your biometric receipt will be accepted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I read on the Home Office Website

"If you make your application to extend your stay in the UK by post or online, we will send you a biometric notification letter after we have received your application. You should then enrol your biometric information at one of the post offices offering this service across the UK."

So I think I've done this correctly, my only thoughts are where to send the information...
Any thoughts?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You have done it correctly. When applying for FLR within UK by post, you send off your application form and supporting documents, then you wait to get your biometric notification letter which you take to a post office offering this service. You pay £19.20 in fees, get biometrics taken and they will send the data securely electronically to the Home Office, so you don't send anything yourself. Then you wait to hear about the outcome of your application.
Biometric Residence Permit | Post Office

This is a different procedure from what you do when applying for your visa outside UK.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi, I got my fiance visa too and i wanted to apply for my spouse visa. Does anyone have any idea how long it takes to process the application if you apply by post? I just found the in person option expensive , so if this isnt a very lenghty process id apply this way. My fiance Visa took 2 months (40 working days)
i dont want to wait that long for this visa.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
About 1-2 months when applying by post in UK. You mean further leave to remain?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You are switching from fiancé(e) visa to leave to remain as partner (spouse) upon your marriage, on form FLR(M).

·
Registered
17 Posts
So , i paid the 954£ online and bookd an appointment with one of the offices to go in person. Just to confirm, i will fill out the FLR(M) form and take the frms and supporting docuemnts with me to the office and i should get visa the same day?

when do i have to go through the biometrics? also what documents will i be carrying with me ? everything i submitted for fiance visa and my marriage certificate? do i need to take everything along with me again ?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Yes, all being well, you get approved the same day and biometric resident permit will be sent to you in about a week.
Biometrics will be taken at PEO while you attend.
Basically the same documents plus marriage certificate, but make sure you update your financial documents as the latest payslip, for example, must be dated within 28 days of your appointment. Also for anything else that has changed, such as moving into new accommodation.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Ok that sounds good. But when we applied for the appointment , i dont think they asked for or gave me an appication reference. I am sorry i am asking the same thing again but just for a little more clarification, will i have the biometrics taken the same day of my appointment right ? and will i get something in the mail with information about it?

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Yes, biometrics will be taken when you attend to switch the visa.... it's a painless process.

As long as you paid the £100 booking fee (that would have been done shortly after the appointment was booked), you only need show up for the appointment with your application form and the supporting documents that the UKBA require. Your name will be checked off against a list of on-the-day appointment holders.

For the sake of ease of entry, I would suggest that you keep any extraneous papers/belongings to a minimum... i.e. o.k. to bring an iPad/Kindle or similar but I'd think twice about an actual paperback book.

Good luck to you and congratulations on your marriage! :)

Reactions: ricosuave

·
Registered
20 Posts
What happens if we have missed the two weeks after biometrics to send in the supporting documents?

Does it apply to just the application or the documents as well? No-one seems to be able to answer this.

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
I don't think the two-week limit is crucial, as postal delay or people sending it to NY instead of Sheffield can delay it beyond the two-week window. But your intention is to do so within the timeframe.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I don't think the two-week limit is crucial, as postal delay or people sending it to NY instead of Sheffield can delay it beyond the two-week window. But your intention is to do so within the timeframe.
So it won't ruin the application?

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
Well, the application details remain on system for something like 2 months, and since there is often a wait period of anything up to several months (depending on visa office) before the application is looked at, I don't think the application will become invalid if you miss the two-week window. They say within 14 days for US applicants presumably because unlike in most other countries applicants have to send the documents themselves and not hand over at visa application centre with the biometrics, and they don't want people to forget about it or unnecessarily delay the dispatch.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.