Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for our biometrics on Friday which was fairly painless.

Mostly because the worldbridge folks can't discuss anything with you apart from the documents that they require (passport, application, photo and fingerprints).

The rest of it is considered "supporting documents" which help UKBA determine whether or not they should agree to give you the visa after they have verified that it is you.

One thing that came up despite their insistance not to discuss anything other than the required docs was that it absolutely HAD to be the original passport/travel document of all parties. We quickly agreed that we had included the original passport and the woman prompted twice more to say that despite any information that we may have read or heard, we should be supplying the original passport (not a copy or certified copy) of both the applicants and sponsor.

Clearly-this is contrary to what we have read on the UKBA site for sponsors supporting documents, but we had already decided to supply the original anyway because we were trying to avoid any reason for delay.

Anyhow, I thought I would share my experiences for anyone else that is preparing for the application process.

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
MLH said:
Went for our biometrics on Friday which was fairly painless.

Mostly because the worldbridge folks can't discuss anything with you apart from the documents that they require (passport, application, photo and fingerprints).

The rest of it is considered "supporting documents" which help UKBA determine whether or not they should agree to give you the visa after they have verified that it is you.

One thing that came up despite their insistance not to discuss anything other than the required docs was that it absolutely HAD to be the original passport/travel document of all parties. We quickly agreed that we had included the original passport and the woman prompted twice more to say that despite any information that we may have read or heard, we should be supplying the original passport (not a copy or certified copy) of both the applicants and sponsor.

Clearly-this is contrary to what we have read on the UKBA site for sponsors supporting documents, but we had already decided to supply the original anyway because we were trying to avoid any reason for delay.

Anyhow, I thought I would share my experiences for anyone else that is preparing for the application process.
Complain to UKBA. WorldBridge is acting beyond its powers.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Complain to UKBA. WorldBridge is acting beyond its powers.
It is a really intense process-much more than we have ever gone through in reverse (sponsorship application/permanent residency in Canada for my husband).

Weeding through all of the information and expectations was difficult and interpreting the expectations/ figuring out how to prove ourselves was pretty hard on us. This entire process started in November and I swear we haven't stopped/slowed down since.

I think I would have been pretty devestated if I had heard that from worldbridge and hadn't thought to send the originals. It would have created unnecessary panic and chaos-for sure!

You are right...I should probably say something to UKBA. Thanks for the suggestion Joppa.

·
Registered
39,154 Posts
MLH said:
It is a really intense process-much more than we have ever gone through in reverse (sponsorship application/permanent residency in Canada for my husband).

Weeding through all of the information and expectations was difficult and interpreting the expectations/ figuring out how to prove ourselves was pretty hard on us. This entire process started in November and I swear we haven't stopped/slowed down since.

I think I would have been pretty devestated if I had heard that from worldbridge and hadn't thought to send the originals. It would have created unnecessary panic and chaos-for sure!

You are right...I should probably say something to UKBA. Thanks for the suggestion Joppa.
Yes but only after you get your visa!

·
Registered
135 Posts

did they give you one of those "rate us" piece of papers where you like grade them on how well they did? cause it ask for the name of the place you go to and gives you a space to ask for any comments or complaints you know?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
did they give you one of those "rate us" piece of papers where you like grade them on how well they did? cause it ask for the name of the place you go to and gives you a space to ask for any comments or complaints you know?
No-we didn't get anything like that. Not that I recall, anyway. Just the information sheet about document pick up because in Toronto ours are sent/received by the worldbridge office...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.