Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biometrics Location

1K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  caseymac 
#1 ·
I was wondering if there was a requirement for spouse visa applicants to do their biometrics in a specific location or that is local to their address? I don't know what sort of options you're given after you make the application.

My fiance and I are applying asap after our wedding, but we're trying to plan our brief honeymoon, and wondering if we could potentially do the biometrics on the honeymoon and then send off the documents from there, so we don't have to spend a few days hanging around.

Thank you

#2 ·
You must book your biometrics at one of the ASCs specific to the state you are resident in. When you apply online, you will be automatically transferred to biometrics booking site with a list of locations from which you choose one.

#5 ·
So when I would be transferred to choose my location after submitting, I will definitely be given the choice of all the places that serve my state? I live in Virginia, and it says there are 9 locations that serve Virignia, but are there scenarios where some of those 9 would not be available to choose (maybe availability/too far from my address, etc)?

#8 ·
When I booked my biometrics appointment I was given the option to first select a state, and then from a list of locations within that state. I chose the state I live in, but as far as I could tell I could have chosen a different state if I had wished to. But as I say, I didn't try it. As mentioned, you can also select a location to see what appointments are available, and then use the back button to select a different location to compare availability.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.